No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Oct 7th, 07, 3:03 pm   #1
proud2becdn
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Vaughan
Installing Moran Mull tile in basement

I'm looking for some tips on installing the Ikea Moran Mull carpet in our basement. The floor is below grade. Do we have to use the Sparra plastic sheeting and Niva floor lining underneath? If so, which one do we lay first and how do we adhere them to the floor?

Many thanks!

Share |

proud2becdn is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 16th, 07, 7:59 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 15,208
Gallery: 102

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

Re: Installing Moran Mull tile in basement

I don't have a clue about your installation questions but I want to welcome you to IKEAfans! Did the carpet tiles come with any instructions? Maybe this will serve as a bump to put your post in front of someone who is familiar with the product.
Welcome!
Gloria

Share |
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 07, 11:58 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 17,440
Gallery: 60
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Covina
Doorstyle: Avsikt/Kalsebo

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!

Similar to other floating floors, the plastic goes down first, then the foam. Just some regular tape works fine enough to hold down the plastic; you won't need it to adhere, but just to prevent it from moving around during installation.

By the time the floor is done, there's way more than enough weight on top as to not be any issue with either the plastic or the foam.

Share |
Please note that all advice, information, and layouts provided by forum members on this site was done on a voluntary basis and out of kindness of their hearts. If you appreciate the help you received, please support this site and donate to keep it going.
Narf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 09, 7:50 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 984
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Portland
Doorstyle: Adel Medium Brown

I highly recommend AGAINST Moran Mull. It's so poorly constructed that the parts which are supposed to click together do so only about 20% of the time. Different lots are different sizes, so the tiles in one box will be 1/8" larger than the others, which makes it impossible to use those. The tiny "sisal" fibers come loose easily and imbed themselves in your skin. But they're so breakable that you can't get them out with tweezers. The seams only lay flat a portion of the time, regardless of having been stored in the room with its unique temperature and humidity for the recommended amount of time, nice and flat. The sisal part comes unglued from the flimsy plastic backing with very little provocation. I'm very upset and displeased and feel completely ripped off.

Share |
redBridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment