Old Oct 22nd, 07, 8:01 am   #1
ikeajedi567
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Lansa cabinet handles - Need help installing

Hello everyone!

So I'm wondering if there is an easy method to install all the cabinet handles in the same place. I'm getting ready to install the handles on on all the base and wall cabinets and have been told by a few people that installing handles is a pain in the butt!

Anyways, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Jeremy

Share |

ikeajedi567 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 22nd, 07, 9:55 am  
IKEA addict

iKarma: 2,715
Gallery: 208
My IKEA: USA-Ft Lauderdale:Sunrise
Doorstyle: Kitchen: Linjär Blue,Avsikt/Bath: Nexus Brown-Black/Office: Nexus Yellow-Brown/Bedroom: PAX Stordal

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 5

Re: Lansa cabinet handles - Need help installing

One way is to use IKEA's FIXA Template ($0.99)
  • Drill template for easy marking of hole positions for knobs or handles; helps you to mount them correctly.
  • The strip on the drill template is put against the edge of the door or drawer front; helps you to place the handle perfectly straight vertically or horizontally.

Share |
MiamiBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 07, 3:15 pm  

iKarma: 156,240
Gallery: 21
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Doorstyle: stat white

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 9

I've been blogged!

IF your Ikea handles happen to fit the template's holes! Ours (Lindsdal) didn't

Share |
NBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 07, 6:52 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Detroit:Canton
Doorstyle: Nexus birch?

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

And if you're not using handles that are longer than the template.

Truly, the Lansa handles have been the worst part of this remodel- even worse than doing our own 18x18 tile floor (and we hadn't ever done tile before- really bad idea. Really, really bad.).

One thing that worked well for us was using a strip of brown paper painter's tape as a template. I also took the "lead" of a clicky eyeliner and put it in the center of the screws to mark where the holes go. Once we knew they were straight (I had to use a hammer on pretty much all of them), we used the completed door as the template for the other doors.

One huge design decision/mistake we made was to vary the length of the pulls by door size- for example, the 15" drawer fronts have 13" pulls, the 24" doors have 20 (or whatever's closest) pulls, etc- so we couldn't just do one door perfectly and use than one as a template for everything, we have like 4 max of each! We started remodeling Labor Day weekend and had the boxes up- I still don't have pulls on more than half of the cabinets because it is so scary.

Share |
cocontom is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment