No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Dec 12th, 07, 12:27 pm   #1
j smith
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco
`NUTS AND BOLTS

WHAT BOLTS WOULD I USE TO JOIN TOGETHER TWO CABINETS WITH A PANEL (ADELL) IN BETWEEN? HARDWARE SUPPLIED WILL ACOMODATE ONLY TWO CABINET WALLS.

Share |

j smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Dec 12th, 07, 2:27 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 6,304
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 15

Re: `NUTS AND BOLTS

If a panel is between two cabinets your best bet is to use 2" particle board screws (available @ HD) - drill a pilot hole and attach.

Share |
Old Dec 31st, 07, 12:48 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 100
Gallery: 2
My IKEA: USA-San Diego
Doorstyle: Liljestad
Re: `NUTS AND BOLTS

I had this same problem. The screws are metric and something like 4-.7 20mm. Initially I tried finding longer ones (35mm) at HD, but no luck.

If Ikea is not too far, go to customer service and ask for longer screws (take a barrel with you to check them), as I recall, you'll need the 2 Ikea sizes longer screw (appr 2 1/4 in). They should give them to you for free.

But, another source, for me, turned out to be my handles...each handle set came with several different length screws (and extras).

Share |
mikeln is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment