No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 24th, 08, 10:05 pm   #1
inouetcm
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Post Morebo doors assembly - help

Hi - I am having trouble with attaching the Morebo doors onto my Billy bookcase. When I get the hinges (on doors) attached to the pieces on the Billy .. they just keep popping off.

They don't seem to want to "stick" . I have followed all instructions - Has anyone any clues? I am pretty good with all this stuff and am surprised I haven't figured this out. I even had a friend help and hold the doors. Still - no go.

Lea

Share |

inouetcm is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 25th, 08, 12:44 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 211,412
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Morebo doors assembly - help

I'm guessing that your hinge plates aren't perfectly aligned on the bookcase (this is difficult to do, so don't feel badly about this), so I'm gonna make a couple of suggestions to you, but do them in order, so as to save extra work if not necessary.

First, try attaching the hinges back to front, rather than front to back - start with the tail end of the hinge (closest to the back of the cabinet), and hook that onto the hinge plate, then hook the front end onto the plate. Both ends are spring loaded, so they'll give a bit. Do this top to bottom, and support the weight of the door as best as you can as you do this.

If that fails, remove the hinge plates from the bookcase, and hook them to the hinges first, so you have a complete hinge unit, but off the cabinet. Then rehang the door, screwing the hinge plates to the sides as you did the first time around. Again, support the weight of the door as you do this, and try to place the screw so that it is in the middle of the oval hole in the plate as you tighten it.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 11, 1:31 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 338
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:College Park
Re: Morebo doors assembly - help

For those who are searching this and having the same issue, here is how I solved the hinge problem - my first video on YouTube! I couldn't find one there anywhere, and so I hope this is helpful:

Attaching IKEA Morebo door to Billy shelf - YouTube

Share |
jenrandall is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
billy , billy bookcase , bookcase