No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 12th, 08, 10:08 pm   #1
cecicela
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 150
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Elizabeth
Question how to attach false drawer front to 30" sink base cab

How do I attach the 2 false drawer fronts to a 30" sink base cabinet? No instructions in the door/panel boxes. (There was a triangular shaped bracket which I didn't use, is that it?)

Share |

cecicela is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 12th, 08, 11:46 pm  

iKarma: 156,240
Gallery: 21
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Doorstyle: stat white

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 9

I've been blogged!
Re: how to attach false drawer front to 30" sink base cab

Yep, you use the triangle piece and it's much easier if the sink isn't installed. If the sink is already in, you may be able to do two tall doors w /o the false front (swap out the doors and other parts for credit). You'll need to have access to the right holes for the hinges, however--some sinks interfere but most don't. Either way, another thing you can consider is doing under sink pullouts. There are many posts on how to do that. Have fun!

Share |
NBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 08, 10:45 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 2
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:North York
Re: how to attach false drawer front to 30" sink base cab

I installed the fakeys with my sink installed. It was such a pain. I had to buy an extra small screwdriver to get the job done. I didn't have enough leverage and the screw heads are probably stripped now.

Share |
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment