No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Apr 14th, 08, 10:51 pm   #1
Chupisgirl
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 100
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Salt Lake City:Draper
Need Kvartal Installation Help

I am attempting to install a ceiling mounted, three rail system. I am struggling to figure out how to connect the tabs -- the drawings are very confusing when it comes to placing the tabs to catch when opening/closing.

Also, in an Ikea flyer I downloaded (with possible combinations and the totals in Euros), I read that it was possible to connect them at the top AND the bottom. I'm trying to wrap my head around this one -- the only thing I can figure out is that you would have to buy twice as many top/bottom rails as recommended, and use the TOPS on top AND bottom. But as I write this, it occurs to me that you would need a bottom track if this was the case. Ideas? Help?

One other question -- I'm taking my time with this installation (which is totally unlike me), but I really want this installation to work for our closet for as long as possible. I'm sure that they need to be hung very straight so they will look and function correctly. But I'm a little worried about twisting and curling of the fabric. Has anyone tried stablizing the edges with tape or glue, or anything to help the fabric keep it's shape?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Share |

Chupisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Sep 14th, 08, 10:47 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 22,858
Gallery: 7
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Tidaholm

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!
Re: Need Kvartal Installation Help

I'm also a bit puzzled. It should be possible to connect the fabric-holding rails to make a really wide panel.

Being a clueless home-improver, I've got a big, cheap piece of cloth on the dining table and am circling around it, vulture-style, trying to figure out what to bit at first.

Share |
Dave of the Coonties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 08, 10:45 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 22,858
Gallery: 7
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Tidaholm

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!
Re: Need Kvartal Installation Help

I figured out the tabs by trial and error. You do need the tab with the rounded tip at the end of each panel. All but the front-most panel must have the tab facing forward, so as to catch the backside tap of the panel to its front.

Share |
Dave of the Coonties is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment