Old May 17th, 08, 8:11 am   #1
Venerye
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Chicago:Schaumburg
Glansa lights - older model? - help please

Hi,
I picked up a set of glansa star lights at a yard sale and they are supposed to plug into an electrical socket, but the plug is a small rod with a flat bar below it. It probably needs some sort of transformer to be able to plug into the wall. Does anyone know where I could find one of these transformers, what they are called, if IKEA still sells them?

Share |

Venerye is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old May 17th, 08, 6:59 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 216,986
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Glansa lights - older model? - help please

Welcome to IKEAFANS, Venerye.

You can probably find the transformer at your local hardware or big box store. I've bought them at an Ace hardware store before.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 11, 1:18 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 176
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Re: Glansa lights - older model? - help please

Transformers are generally NOT available at big box stores. Once Ikea discontinues a model, they likewise discontinue the transformer as well. This has been a major ongoing problem with IKEA, and the main reason I no longer buy lighting there anymore.

Share |
chriscolumbianyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment