LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jul 4th, 08, 2:21 pm   #1
GingerB
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Salt Lake City:Draper
Drawers, doors, cabinet connectors don't match up.

So...I'm installing 24 in base cabinets with a drawer and shelves. When you combine all three sets of instructions, the 4th predrilled hole from the top is the one the instructions for the drawer says to use to attach the rail, it's also the hole the cabinet instructions indicate the cabinets should be attached together at; furthermore, the doors are about 1 1/2 inch below the bottom of the cabinet if they line up with drawer. Should the drawer rail be attached in the third hole from the top?
Thanks!

Share |

GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jul 4th, 08, 11:30 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 409
Gallery: 60
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Doorstyle: Tidaholm

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

Re: Drawers, doors, cabinet connectors don't match up.

The drawer glide (rail) should be attached at the 4th hole from the top. You can put the joining screw to attach cabinets together at any hole that does not interfere with your drawer glides or hinges.

Does your drawer front overlap the top edge of the cabinet box so that the top of the drawer lines up with the top of the cabinet (the IKEA instructions can be misleading on the position)? If not, the drawer front is on upside down. That can throw off everything else about 1-1/4".

HTH .

Share |
woodswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 08, 10:05 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Salt Lake City:Draper
Re: Drawers, doors, cabinet connectors don't match up.

I took the drawers apart and repositioned them, I even called Ikea's customer service, who was very friendly, but not really up to speed on kitchen cabinets.
I didn't even consider that the drawer front might be upside down.
Thanks for your help, that will make the other 8 - 10 drawers go much easier!

Share |
GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
ikea instructions