No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Oct 23rd, 08, 3:55 pm   #1
largosmom
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 400
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Making 15" Pullout Shallow Depth Cabinet

Hi, I am new to the website, wish I had come here before making a few purchases as I live 3 hours from the Woodbridge , VA Ikea and will have to wait til my next trip up in November to swap some parts. Anyway, we have a partial Ikea kitchen and are swapping out a new run of cabinets and wanted to gain some storage against a wall under some existing wall cabinets so I decided to make a 15" shallow pull-out cabinet out of a wall cabinet.

I don't think I have all the parts I need, and I can't figure out how to attach the adel door to the deep drawer on the bottom, do I have to drill holes somehow, and if so, is there a template they should have given me for it? I'm also making a 12" pullout out of a regular base cabinet, so maybe I have the template in another box??? Anyway, here's what I have: 15" carcass assembled. I have the small, shallow drawer at the top, with the adel drawer cover attached. I have one more shallow rationelle drawer set, but there are no drawer fronts in the box, just the sides and back and bottom should I have gotten that separately? [sigh].

I was originally going to make it a small recycling bin cabinet, with a drawer over the top, but we decided we wanted the drawer space instead, so I'll have at least one, maybe two interior drawers when I'm done. I'd at least like to attach the 15"x24" adel door to the front of the cabinet if I can figure out how to do that.

I'm going to attach a Boholmen chopping block to the top as a "counter top".

I've spent hours looking around here in the past couple of days, what fun!

Thanks,
Laura

Share |

largosmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 23rd, 08, 11:45 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 230,182
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Making 15" Pullout Shallow Depth Cabinet

Welcome to IKEAFANS, Laura.

You'll find the template you need for your 15" pullout in the instructions for the 12" pullout kit - it's nothing more than a piece of heavy paper, approx. 2 x 8", with a bunch of markings and measurements on it.

The metal fittings you need to attach the door to the drawer front were included with the drawer kit that already installed at the bottom of the cabinet - they're the same as you use for all the other drawer fronts. The template will locate the mounting holes for those fittings.

What you do need is a couple of small plastic "bits" that will allow you to attach the metal rods that run from the top of the deep drawer back to the pullout door, and some screws. These are also included in the 12" pullout kit, but you need them for that assembly.

Your best bet is to get a 15" deep drawer kit, Art. #401-089-23, which will include the template, the plastic bits, and the screws you need to assemble and attach the whole thing. I know you said you're 3 hours from Woodbridge , but if you call someone in the customer service department there, maybe they can help you out.

If not, PM me, and I'll give you the name and number of my "angel" at the local store, who will be able to help you.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
iKarma Awarded to Chuck for this Post
Date Member Comment Amount
Jul 23rd, 10 IntaAnna Thanks for explanation about the pull out for the high cabinet. I think I'm finally understanding how the door attaches to the drawers. 5
Old Oct 24th, 08, 7:24 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 400
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Re: Making 15" Pullout Shallow Depth Cabinet

Is this the standard 15" deep drawer kit, which I have already installed? I'll have to go back and check the box again, maybe the template is in it and I missed it. (I'm at the other end of my house at the moment, so will have to go check).

Is the 12" Pullout kit the set of three drawers they had me pull from the self-service area?

Thanks for your reply,

Laura

Share |
largosmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment