Comment

LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Sep 3rd, 06, 5:45 pm   #1
mesk
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 390
Gallery: 13
Has anyone installed the moulding strip under the cabinets with the short side facing out, rather than the long side? I read about someone who wanted to do it, and I was wondering if anyone has pictures of how this looks, and whether you're happy with it.

I don't want to lose the inch or so of space over the counter, but more importantly, I'm concerned about the code and safety issues. Our range manual & town code both say we should have min. 18" space between stovetop and bottom of adjacent cabinets or moulding. Installing the moulding in the intended way would shorten our space to just over 17". I think it would probably look okay installed the short way, but my husband is not convinced and is less worried about things like inspectors and fires.

We have under-cabinet lights that are positioned back near the wall and can't be seen when we hold the moulding short-ways against the cabinets.

Thanks for any advice!

Share |

mesk is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Apr 5th, 10, 12:16 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 3,837
Gallery: 4
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Burbank
Doorstyle: Nexus YB
Re: Installing moulding/deco strip under cabinets upside down..?

I realize this is an old post, but an issue for me at the moment. Do you have photos of installing the deco strip the short way?

Share |
mb.andrulaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 10, 7:55 am  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 211,462
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Installing moulding/deco strip under cabinets upside down..?

Check out the 2010 Kitchen catalogue, pp. 11, 13, 16-19, 22, or the regular catalogue, pp. 112-3, 116-7. These show the moulding in place, but not the process of installation.

The process is described in a number of threads here at IF.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment