No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Apr 21st, 09, 11:06 am   #1
joemiller1010
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:College Park
Sultan Lien slats - which way up?

This is probably a dumb question . I just purchased the Sultan Lien bed slats. These are the curved slats. Which side should be facing up? Should the curve be arcing upwards or downwards?

Thanks for your help,
joe

Share |

joemiller1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Apr 21st, 09, 11:59 am  
Frankenfingers

iKarma: 83,862
Gallery: 2962
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: Tidaholm!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 3

Re: Sultan Lien slats - which way up?

Ooo! I know this one! . And welcome to IKEA Fans Joe!

First off we really believe in the "no dumb questions" truism around here, feel free to share any questions or thoughts you have. We're soooooo not a stuffy group, and everyone's welcome to join in! For instance do YOU have a "Shower system?"

Anyway, to answer your question:

The slats should go in so that they are arching UP away from the floor. That way, when you put pressure on them they spread out to the sides and hold firmly in the frame. If you put them in so that the center is lower then the ends, when you put pressure on them they will pull IN away from the edges of the frame and the slats will pop out of the bed, possibly at a VERY bad time .

HTH ?

James

Share |

Want to help support IKEAFANS without taking a penny out of your pocket? Check out Amazon's offerings by following the link below (then search from there ) and a percentage of the sale will support this site! Kitchen Planning Resources
Tigratrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 09, 12:58 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:College Park
Re: Sultan Lien slats - which way up?

Thanks, James! I thought that they should arc upwards but wanted to verify it before I broke something!

Best,
joe

Share |
joemiller1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
bed , slats , sultan lien