Old May 26th, 09, 10:24 pm   #1
jinx
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 180
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities
Hemnes 6-Drawer Chest --Missing a lot of parts/extra parts

Any ideas?

I purchased a black Hemnes 6 drawer chest on Monday. I'm missing a lot of parts. The dresser comes in two boxes. #1 and #2. I have both boxes.
The parts I'm missing are one entire side panel, all of the drawer bottoms, one drawer side for the largest drawer, sides for two of the medium-sized drawers, and one side for one of the smallest top drawers. I believe there is a missing screw hole in the first horizontal piece I'm instructed to assemble as well.

In addition to missing parts, I have EXTRA parts. I have 2 extra faces for the smallest drawers and 2 extra faces for the medium drawers. I also have one extra horizontal front piece.
I'm not sure what to do here. It seems like someone returned the items all mixed up in boxes. I'm sure someone else is sitting at home with the same issue and chances are, they're missing the extra parts I have and have the parts I'm missing.

I'm feeling ripped off. I live over 3 hours from an ikea. Not excited, not happy, not feeling like a fan.

Share |

jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old May 27th, 09, 3:21 pm  
IKEA FAN

Re: Hemnes 6-Drawer Chest --Missing a lot of parts/extra parts

Whoa! They are shipping me the needed parts today. One call, 15 minutes, and I'm a happy person again. Customer service person was friendly and helpful. Nice going.

Share |
Old May 27th, 09, 3:25 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 14,005
Gallery: 127
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 8

Oh, yay! Always nice to hear a happy ending. Did you figure out why you have such a crazy combination of stuff? Is it possible that one box or the other doesn't actually go to the same piece of furniture? Like you got box 2 from a different unit? That was my first thought...

Welcome to IKEAFANS!

Susan

Share |
Old May 27th, 09, 8:44 pm  
IKEA FAN

That was my first thought too. A customer looking at furniture may have placed a box back into the wrong bin or aisle; however, the colors are the same and the boxes are numbered (1 of 2) and (2 of 2). The model numbers and pictures on the boxes are both the same too. My thought is that it was purchased and returned earlier and repackaged incorrectly. If so, it's likely that someone else is experiencing the same issue as me. Who knows? I'm kind of surprised it doesn't happen more often with the number of boxes running around a place like that.

Share |
Old Jun 6th, 09, 10:57 am  
IKEA FAN

We're two weeks out and nothing yet. The last contact I made told me to wait for a shipping company to contact me. That was last week and I haven't heard from anyone. mmmm, it would be really nice to have that dresser assembled and in place right about now.

Share |
Old Jun 9th, 09, 6:02 am  
IKEA FAN

Delivered yesterday morning. Ikea sent me a complete drawer set, not just the missing parts I needed. Nice work!

Share |
Old Aug 11th, 09, 9:59 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 641

I had some hope when I read your story because my experience was exactly the same - unfortunately - although I live almost 2 hours away from the Ikea store they are telling me I have to drive it back there to exchange it.
I'll be dammed if they get another dime of my money and they can take this box of junk and the other $1000 I spent there and give it right back to me.

Share |
henriksonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 09, 10:44 am  
IKEA FAN

yes. I told the first person that I talked to that I was not able to go to the store. She said she couldn't assist me. I asked her to transfer me to a manager. The conversation I had with the manager was very pleasant and easy. If you can't come to the store, and you spent a lot of money for something that is not complete, you should not have to drive back to a store to fix the issue. You did nothing wrong. Call them again and ask to speak to a manager. They are very helpful and will get this figured out for you.... or...... you can drive back there and return everything. I know how frustrating it can be. My plan at one time was to assemble the incomplete dresser in the parking lot with a sign about the quality of the merchandize. After considering how spiteful and ridiculous this would be, I put my trust in this company and they came through for me. Call them back and explain everything to a manager.

Share |

Comment