LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Nov 28th, 06, 10:19 pm   #1
hifromme
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 190
Gallery: 0
IVAR instructions anyone?

I was just looking at my newly purchased IVAR shelving unit and was wondering why no directions... I am blonde, but none?

Share |

hifromme is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Nov 29th, 06, 10:56 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifromme View Post
I was just looking at my newly purchased IVAR shelving unit and was wondering why no directions... I am blonde, but none?
Well...they've just got the pegs (that come with the shelves)...and they go in the little holes. Put the shelves on the pegs, and there's your shelving unit. Just make sure to attach the crossbrace to the back, as well, to keep it plumb. I don't think it really matters where you put the crossbrace on the back...but a lot of people put it lower, so you're not looking right at it.

There's no instructions becuase....well...it's just putting pegs in the holes.

Share |
ambushbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 06, 7:38 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 190
The shelves are up!

I did get my shelves together. The problem was that I was not aware that all four pegs were in the holes in the side of each shelf. From the initial look I thought there were only two pegs and I was missing hardware. When I spoke to Ikea directly they didn't know where the other two pegs were either. Not much help. I'm just really glad that I got them up and they look great in my space.

Share |
hifromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 06, 9:05 am   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view.
IKEA FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifromme View Post
I did get my shelves together. The problem was that I was not aware that all four pegs were in the holes in the side of each shelf. From the initial look I thought there were only two pegs and I was missing hardware. When I spoke to Ikea directly they didn't know where the other two pegs were either. Not much help. I'm just really glad that I got them up and they look great in my space.
Oh...sorry about that! I should've realized that was the problem Ivar shelves come from 2 different countries, some have the pegs in those little holes (made in Sweden) and others are just taped in to the grooves (made in Poland). Glad you like them!

Share |
ambushbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 07, 10:03 pm  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Re: IVAR instructions anyone?

Wow, I thought I was the only one who was having trouble with the pesky ivar unit. We were totally puzzled by the lack of hardware. Thanks to these posts, though, we should be able to get that sucker together if the pins really are hidden in the shelves. Gosh, I hope so! Is there a easier way to put it together? Like, should we start with the bottom shelves and work our way up or what? We have the wall unit with the three sections.

Share |
pumnkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 08, 3:34 pm  
IKEA FAN

My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown

thanks for this forum. I looked everywhere and didn't find the pins, and thought I must have forgotten them. I was about to leave back to the ikea store to get them.

Share |
stapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 08, 1:17 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 131
My IKEA: France-Grenoble

I personally tend to avoid the "made in russia" ones, as they are of a much lower quality, with large knots in the wood and the like.
I even found some shelves where the knot had fallen off... making a shelf with a hole.
I usually wait out for new stock to come in

Share |
sxpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 10, 2:48 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 207

thanks to all -- I couldn't find the pins either, and certainly didn't find them in holes as others described, but yes, mine are the "made in Poland" variety and I found them taped inside the grooves. Not very easy to get them out, I must say!

Share |
BlognDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 11, 12:22 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 180
My IKEA: United Kingdom-London:Brent Park

Hi, I am having similar problems. I have located the metal pins which are cunningly placed inside the fitting for the shelf. I can see that the pins go in the holes on the side of the uprights/sides and the shelves on top, but I cannot push the shelves onto the pins however hard I try. They just sit on top and wobble.

Any ideas anyone?

Share |
Maggie_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 12, 3:24 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 150
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville

OK, this helped me find the pegs. I am really concerned about snapping grey edges over the pegs. Do you use force - it looks like the concave place for the pegs have little lips that you have to force over the pegs and we don't want to break them. Is a little force necessary and I shouldn't be concerned about finishing painting the shelves....I'm just wondering if the plastic end-pieces are vulnerable to break and I will have to return the unit as a no-go option.

Share |
angelsors is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.ikeafans.com/forums/assembly-installation/3649-ivar-instructions-anyone.html
Posted By For Type Date
instructions IVAR shelves - ikeafans search engine swicki - powered by eurekster Post #4 Refback Aug 20th, 07 2:28 pm