No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 25th, 10, 8:51 am   #1
Sim 1
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 455
Gallery: 0
Question problem pax wardrobe sliding doors and drawers

Hi,

I recently bought a pax wardarobe, 250 x 236cms with sliding doors. This is made up of 20 x 50cms and 2 x 75 cms, we have put them up with the smaller ones on the outisde, and larger ones next to each other (50, 75, 75, 50). We have put this together and it all looks great, and doors worked fine. Problem is we put some drawers in the two 75cms sections, one lot of drawers don't open well as they bang against the sliding doors when the doors are both fully pushed over to one side and you have to really push the doors out of the way. The drawers on the other 75cm section open fine against the doors and i can't see any reason why they shouldn't open too. Such a shame! I am worried this constant over pushing of the doors will damage them, plus they are already marked where the drawers have been opened and knocked them. Can anyone help?!

Thanks!

Share |

Sim 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 29th, 10, 10:00 am  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 234,030
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: problem pax wardrobe sliding doors and drawers

Welcome to IKEAFANS, Sim.

I've never seen this problem, and I know the units are designed so that when everything is installed correctly, the doors and drawers don't clash this way.

Are you sure there's nothing interfering with your doors when you push them to the one side? And are the doors aligned properly so they they are plumb (straight up and down) in relation to the frame of the wardrobe?

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 10, 9:06 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 455

Hi Chuck,

I've checked everything and nothing seems to be stopping the doors, they reach the end of the track and all seems ok. They are plumb lined and like i say the drawers on the other side open and close perfectly.

What i've had to do is take the drawers off their hinges, put one drawer on the wardrobe floor and the other on a shelf above that...not great but at least they are usable.

Any other ideas?!

Bizarre!!!

Share |
Sim 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 11, 12:33 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 160

Did you resolve this?

We have a smiliar issue to our Lyngdal system - all of the installation seem good and the doors slide nicely, only problem is the doors don't go fully back on one side - we are only taking a few mm here but it makes the difference to make it tough to open the drawers/baskets.

we too did the 50/75/75/50 approach and wonder if that might be the problem.

the doors are not 100% square with the frames (about half a cm out from top to bottom. The wardrobes themselves all look nice and level etc so i can't see why they should be out.

Share |
billigmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 11, 2:17 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 194,888
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas
I've been blogged!

Hi

If the drawers won't open properly, either the frames and/or doors are not square or the doors are not adjusted properly.

Start by checking that the frames are square, then adjust the doors to ensure that they are properly square.

If the drawers still catch, then adjust the door stops so that the doors will open a little wider and hopefully solve the problem.

Where did you get the wardrobes? The ones I do are all 200cm wide.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
drawers sticking , pax , sliding doors , wardrobe