LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old May 25th, 10, 2:51 pm   #1
buzzfever
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 477
Gallery: 0
MALM nightstand instructions/help

I just purchased the MALM nightstand on Craigslist to go with my MALM bed and didn't get any instructions. From reading another post about them I've figured out how they attach but I'm not sure what to do with one piece. It kind of looks like this but more square and with smaller holes. Anyone know what it's for?

Thanks.

Share |

buzzfever is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old May 25th, 10, 3:45 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 187
Re: MALM nightstand instructions/help

Did you figure it out? Were you able to get the instructions from somewhere? If yes, can you please post the link or the pdf?

Share |
ps2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 10, 4:10 pm  
IKEA FAN

I haven't found any instructions but I'm thinking it's to connect the back of the nightstand to the back of the headboard - probably towards the top.

Share |
Old May 25th, 10, 4:38 pm  
IKEA FAN

Ok, so all I did was use this square piece to attach the back of the nightstand to the back of the headboard and it seems to be fine. I put one of the s brackets on but the nightstand isn't even resting in it - it's a few inches above it. So I didn't even bother with the s bracket on the other side. I've emailed Ikea to ask about instructions but I'm hoping this will be good enough.

Share |
Old May 25th, 10, 5:18 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 6,619
Gallery: 19
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Akurum Nexus Birch

I also recently purchased a Malm bed and night stands. The flat strip with 2 holes in it does connect the night stand to the headboard. The S bracket on mine is also a bit loose and the nightstand does engage the lip of the bracket, but does not rest on the bottom of it.

I did find the instructions at the Ikea sight, here is the link...

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/custome.../M10056930.pdf

Share |
JHSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 10, 12:33 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 228

I just purchased the MALM bed frame last month. I now have the extra funds to purchase the nightstands. My "major" concern is that I don't have any holes at the back of my headboard to attach the nightstands to. Am I suppose to make the hole on my own? The instruction number is 18 on the assembly sheet.

Thank you!

Share |
Rock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 10, 2:09 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 6,619
Gallery: 19
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Akurum Nexus Birch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock1 View Post
I just purchased the MALM bed frame last month. I now have the extra funds to purchase the nightstands. My "major" concern is that I don't have any holes at the back of my headboard to attach the nightstands to. Am I suppose to make the hole on my own? The instruction number is 18 on the assembly sheet.

Thank you!
Short answer is yes.

Long answer is that you dont have to make a hole just a small punched divit so that you can easily get the screw started. The screw will make its own hole.

Share |
JHSurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
bed , malm , nightstand