No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 30th, 07, 9:24 pm   #1
Nova_craft
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
Doorstyle: Duvbo
Stainless steel behind stove

I saw in someone's reno that they had put a sheet of stainless steel behind the stove to cover the wall. I thought it was very clever. What is that piece called, and does anyone have a picture of it before mounting? Is it just a sheet of stainless with holes for screws in it?

Share |

Nova_craft is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 30th, 07, 10:08 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 6,282
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 15

IKEA sells stainless steel panels (called Imperativ) in various sizes - these can be glued to the wall or mounted on (seperate) rails.

Share |
torrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 07, 10:29 pm  
IKEAFans...we put the fun in functional!

iKarma: 29,740
Gallery: 148
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
Or you could get a piece of stainless from a metal shop or if you want a standard 30" wide piece, Home Depot has them in the same area as the range hoods. They mount with 4 screws and are fairly easy to install.

Share |

Life is too short to live with bad design.

Planning a new IKEA kitchen? Click here: Getting Started
DesignDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 07, 10:49 pm  
IKEA holic

iKarma: 310
Eva, Is it possible to mount without the screws? I have this vision of ugly screws showing in the four corners. Is the ss at HD good quality? I've been toying with the idea of using ss behind the range, except that mine is a freestanding.

Share |
Mariposita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 07, 11:00 pm  
IKEAFans...we put the fun in functional!

iKarma: 29,740
Gallery: 148
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
Mine was nice quality. The screws that will show are at the very top corners...the bottom screws are behind the range so they won't show at all. If you want you can get some nice finish washers and screws that will look very nice.

Share |

Life is too short to live with bad design.

Planning a new IKEA kitchen? Click here: Getting Started
DesignDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 07, 12:34 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 100
My IKEA: USA-Round Rock
Doorstyle: I love Kalsebo! And Lidingo! And Bäckebo! And Liljestad! And ...
completely off-topic

My mother used stainless behind our avocado range (that coordinated with the avocado fridge, pantry, knobs, countertops, glasses and dishes) in the 70s. Oh, and the avocado French Provincial chairs, lamps and accent pieces in the living room. Green was her favorite color, so the avocado craze was right up her alley! I think it looked better than harvest gold ...

Anyway, this thread brought it all back to me—the happy memories of Mama and the nightmare of all that avocado!

Share |
techscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 07, 2:02 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Re: Stainless steel behind stove

I mounted a stainless panel behind my stove and avoiding the look of screws by using liquid nails at the top where it is visible, but used screws behind the stove at the bottom. This way the weight of the panel is supported, and the adhesive only needs to hold the panel flush to the wall.

Mike

Share |
mjdaysb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 07, 2:42 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 150

mine is one of the imperativ panels, its really only temporary until we do the tile backsplash and so its only attached at the bottom with screws behind the range - that was enough to keep it flush to the wall. The rail system that comes with imperativ seems good as well, but it was overkill for this purpose

Brett
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitchen 1.jpg (162.9 KB, 270 views)

Share |
breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 07, 3:28 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 19,754
Gallery: 9
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:College Park

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

i sued the imperitiv panels behind the stove.

i glued them up with construction adhesive.

i don't have a great picture...but you can sort of see it in my blog...

Toxic Thoughts

Share |
Toxigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 07, 4:59 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 15,123
Gallery: 2
My IKEA: USA-Chicago:Schaumburg
Doorstyle: Nexus BB in bathroom

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

I was watching an epidsode with Candice Olson where they used something like FX sheeting as a backsplash and put glass over it for easy cleaning and of course to protect it from melting from the heat!! Another alternative.
Link to FX:
Alsa Corp | The World's Most Exotic Paints and Finishes

Share |
laurie is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment