LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 25th, 11, 8:56 am   #1
foofan
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 732
Gallery: 0
FILLSTA Installation Help!!!

If anyone has suggestions.....I have installed this ceiling lamp and it is hanging 3 feet off the ground. There is a large plastic white cup that I can stuff the extra cord into, however, there is no way to attach the plastic cup to the metal ceciling plate. So it just falls down. Any ideas? Thanks!

Share |

foofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 30th, 11, 9:54 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 261
Re: FILLSTA Installation Help!!!

I'm having a similar problem with my FILLSTA. I don't have the instructions because I acquired the light secondhand, and they aren't on IKEA's website either.

I believe that if you just press the cup onto the plate hard enough, the friction will keep it in place, but then the plate is about half an inch "below" the lip of the cup, so it would no longer be flush against the ceiling when it's actually installed. This is where we're stuck: we can't figure out how to mount the plate to the ceiling AND make the cup stay on the plate.

Any thoughts? foofan, did you find a fix for this?

Share |
DangerPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 11, 12:54 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 183,778
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas

Hi

This is a question that seems to get asked quite frequently.

Go to the bracket that fits onto the ceiling hook and feed the cord through until you get it to the right length.

On the bottom of the ceiling cup will be a screw. Undo this and push the cup up, coiling the spare wire inside.

Once you have it tight against the ceiling, tighten up the screw and you should be sorted, although you may need to fiddle about a bit to get a tight seal.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 11, 1:30 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 261

Of course.. I sat for longer than I'd care to admit pondering the fixture. I kept screwing the "nut," for lack of a better description, to the cup, noting that it would keep the actual lamp part in place since it clamped down on the cord, but I never considered that it would also hold the cup in place once it was mounted to the ceiling.

I feel ridiculous for not seeing this before, but at least I'm not alone.

Thanks for the quick help, bigredbird; it's much appreciated.

Share |
DangerPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 11, 10:17 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 160
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown

Riddle, how many people does it take to hang one of these lights?

Answer; Two intelligent adults and answers on this web site, but a qualified electrician and someone from Ikea that has done this before!! oh, and duct tape:/

After cramming and cramming the cord into the fixture, we finally had to cut it to a more reasonable length. There was no "screw" in the cap as was described above, hence the duct tape. Though this person could have been seeing things due to extensive reading and re reading the instructions that do not even cover this!

Good luck and my best wishes to Ikea since I will never see them again!!!

Share |
murphmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 11, 12:19 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 183,778
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmom View Post
Riddle, how many people does it take to hang one of these lights?
Er, one!

The bottom of the ceiling cup where the cable comes through is the screw.

When it comes to coiling up the excess cable, try wrapping it around the hook rather than stuffing it is below as that way the cup sits closer to the ceiling.

I don't have the instructions to hand but I am pretty sure that this is covered.

Sorry to hear that you had problems though.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 12, 8:16 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 149
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa

I just bought this pendant light, read through all the posts, and still can't figure out how to make the cord shorter without cutting it. There is no room in the junction box to store the excess cord. When I store the extra cord in the plastic dome, the dome does not stay flush to the ceiling cap. Also, the "screw" in the previous post is now a rubber donut that grips the cord. Anyone have an update or trick that worked? Thanks.

Share |
drewdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 13, 3:16 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 144
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Elizabeth

this lamp is yet another reason why i found ikea to be so frustrating and often promise to never return. Yes - there is no longer a screw - as previous mentioned in this thread. So, you either have to cut the cord - not fun - or you have to bundle the cord (as close to the ceiling as possible) and tie it - then slide the cup up into place.

not pretty or fun - thanks ikea.

Share |
skoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment