No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old May 21st, 11, 2:56 pm   #1
gorgegal
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 4,110
Gallery: 2
My IKEA: USA-Portland
Doorstyle: Akurum Applad
Electrical rough-in for Nutid appliances??

Hi fellow fans!

I have purchased, but not yet received, my IKEA appliances:
- Nutid induction cooktop
- Nutid 30" wall oven
- Luftig C50 exhaust hood
- Nutid counter depth fridge
- Nutid dishwasher

I need to rough-in the electrical for everything before the sheetrock goes up. I have downloaded the cooktop and wall oven installation manuals, but they don't provide a lot of specifics, and when they do it is confusing! .

For the induction cooktop, the manual says the junction box should be a minimum of 12" below the countertop, but then says to "Locate the junction box to allow as much slack as possible between the junction box and the cooktop so that the cooktop can be moved if servicing becomes necessary in the future." But I have no idea how long the cooktop conduit cable is -- can anyone help?

For the wall oven, the manual says:
"Electrical supply junction box should be located 3" maximum below the support surface when the oven is installed in a wall cabinet. A 1" minimum diameter hole should be located in the right rear or left rear corner of the support surface to pass the appliance cable through to the junction box."
But where does the cable exit the wall oven? Left side, right side, or the middle (when facing the front of the oven)?

I haven't found an installation manual for the hood, so I have no idea if it is hard wired and if so, where on the unit is the connection made?

For the fridge, the electrical isn't an issue, but can anyone tell me where I should position the ice maker box? High or low on the wall? I'm assuming it would go on the left side, behind the freezer section.

And finally, the dishwasher -- is the electrical connection on the left or the right side?

Sorry for all these questions, but without this info I'll just be crossing my fingers and hoping that I get everything in the right place! And what are the odds of that...

Share |

gorgegal is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Comment