No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Aug 6th, 11, 8:32 pm   #1
gbbg
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 423
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-Philadelphia:South Philadelphia
Question Noresund Queen Bed Frame Fiasco

Disclaimer: Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, if I am, moderators please let me know or shift it to the right place.

Hey everybody,
We just bought a 2nd hand Noresund Queen bed frame to go with our Innerspring Classic Queen Mattress.
Unfortunately, after assembling everything, the mattress doesn't seem to fit the bed frame!! The mattress dimensions are 60 x 79.25, it fits width-wise but the problem is the length. We're not sure if the bed frame is the suspect or the mattress. Did anyone else come across this problem?

We tried fitting the mattress from the top, from the side, it ends up getting folded (raised) at one end or the other and no matter how much strength it keeps popping up. We are at our wits end.
My fiancee loves the frame but we can't seem to fit it with the mattress. Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Cheers!Click for larger version
Noresund Queen Bed Frame Fiasco 

Share |

gbbg is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Aug 6th, 11, 9:36 pm  
IKEA addict

iKarma: 5,000,000,077,745
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Foo Fighters
Re: Noresund Queen Bed Frame Fiasco

A queen mattress on the IKEA website is listed as 61 1/8" X 11 1/8" X 80 1/2". So it should fit.

And its definitely not a full bed frame as the width looks like a perfect fit for the bed.

Why not unscrew the footboard a little bit, put the mattress on then screw it in again?

Share |
hexkeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 11, 10:45 am  
IKEA FAN

The mattress is 79.5" and the frame's internal length is only 76"!!!

Why!! Are the side-rails mismatched???

Share |
Old Aug 7th, 11, 11:27 am  
IKEA FAN

The length is 76" at best and the serial numbers on the siderails are 14494-0643 compared to the headboard which is 14494 -0707.
Mismatching??

Share |
Old Aug 7th, 11, 5:24 pm  
IKEA addict

Thats just the supplier-datestamp number, its not the article number.

Maybe it is a full bed frame instead? Or maybe just the sides are full sized. A full's length is ~75

Share |
Old Aug 7th, 11, 7:51 pm  
IKEA FAN

I spoke to the person from whom we got this. He said he has been using a futon queen sized mattress for it, no wonder he was able to fit it in, but also said this is what he got from Ikea. I am guessing this might end up being a Full size Ikea bed frame, but the width doesn't make sense.

I guess we will end up disposing this off.

Thanks a lot for your help, hexkeyfan, really appreciate it.

Share |
Old Aug 7th, 11, 9:06 pm  
IKEA addict

No problem. You know this might be one of the beds were the headboard and sides are sold seperately. If thats the case the width would be right (Queen Headboard/footboard) but the length would be short. (full sized sides)

Share |
Old Aug 7th, 11, 10:03 pm  
IKEA FAN

Is there anything we could with this now?? Any ideas?

Share |
Old Aug 8th, 11, 12:33 am  
IKEA addict

See if you can find a bed frame where the sides are sold separately, and the holes match up. Then you're in business!

Share |
Old Sep 10th, 11, 6:24 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 210
My IKEA: USA-Detroit:Canton

I so hope you haven't gotten rid of your frame yet...I think we may have mutually beneficial fiascos I also bought the discontinued black Noresund bed frame second hand (the exact one in the picture), but mine was a full. I bought the used mattress as well (which I know is kind of gross, but I needed it and was short on funds). When I got the bed home and put it together I realized the mattress fit perfectly width-wise, but left about a five inch gap in the length. It took me a while to figure out I had a bed that was a "full-extra long" (width of a full, length of queen). This is a legitimate size, but mattresses and sheets are hard to come by because they have to be custom ordered. Ikea does not carry full-extra long beds, so I'm thinking the original purchaser probably bought it in the "as is" section. Because the slats of the side rails fit regardless of the size of the bed, some crafty Ikea employee was able to piece together left over side rails from a queen bed with the head and base of a full, the fact that the two together make a size that actually exists was probably just a fluke. I've never posted on a thread before, so I don't know how one sets up private contact, but YOU HAVE MY FULL RAILS AND I HAVE YOUR QUEEN!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1572.JPG (1.33 MB, 5 views)

Share |
Rubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
bed frame , non-fit , noresund , sizing issue