Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 20th, 12, 11:37 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 180
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Vaughan
Re: Mounting Framsta unit to wall

Very nice picture.
I am also doing an entertainment center with besta and framsta.

My issue is that I want to use a non-ikea style TV mount, something that can pull out and tilt for a 55inch TV. I was also considering making a wooden framework, attaching it to studs in the wall behind the framsta panels, and somehow attaching a wall mount (see attached) to the framsta and anchor it into the wooden frame behind the framsta.

I don't like how the IKEA wall mounts are non-tilting.

Also, retrievability is important to me and I want to be able to change wiring or take stuff apart fairly easily.

Any ideas???

Here is a picture of where I am at currently am at. I will put nice drawers for the besta and cabinets on the sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0121.JPG (232.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 85871.jpg (27.3 KB, 11 views)

Share |
JK313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 12, 5:09 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,846
Gallery: 2
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities

I thought about getting the wood panels instead and cutting out one of the middle pieces to fit a proper wall bracket. Gave up on the idea and went with the glass panels. This is my full setup, 4 Framsta panels, Besta Burs bench and Burs wall shelf. Still haven't unwrapped the bench. One of these days. Maybe after I get back to IKEA and get another set of Dioder lights to go on the back of the TV.

Click for larger version

Share |
ganzhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 12, 5:47 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 221,350
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!

Welcome to IKEAFANS, JK .

I wouldn't try to attach a non-IKEA TV bracket to the Framsta panels or frames.

Can you cut or remove one of the panels, and mount the bracket and TV in that exposed wall space?

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 12, 2:20 am  
czy
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 297
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Exclamation Re: Mounting Framsta unit to wall

Hi, This is my 1st time here in ikea fan.i bought the framsta wall panel with tv bracket and wanting to install this same exact item.( see below) my question is how can I secure it on the wall? I have a 43 " tv that I think would work ok, I'm just curious how can the wall panel mount on the wall? pls help, i need it badly. thank you in advance

Share |
czy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 12, 2:39 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 190,573
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas
I've been blogged!

The answer to your question lies earlier in this and other similar threads.

The Framsta unit fixes to the wall using two screws through brackets near the top of the unit.

The unit should ideally either rest on the floor or on top of a TV unit which will support the weight and the fixings become anti topple devices.

If you just want to hang the whole thing off the wall IKEA are adamant that it will support the weight of a TV but, personally, I wouldn't be too comfortable with fixing it that way.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 12, 2:15 pm  
czy
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 297
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredbird View Post
The answer to your question lies earlier in this and other similar threads.

The Framsta unit fixes to the wall using two screws through brackets near the top of the unit.

The unit should ideally either rest on the floor or on top of a TV unit which will support the weight and the fixings become anti topple devices.

If you just want to hang the whole thing off the wall IKEA are adamant that it will support the weight of a TV but, personally, I wouldn't be too comfortable with fixing it that way.
I just had it stand on the floor, I have a set of 5 frames & panels, I attached that 2 wall brackets using screws, made sure it's screwed through the stud. (apartment dry wall). but to be sure, what I did is screwed L bars on each side OF THE WALL WHERE THE STUD IS AT. then used tie wraps, (little belts that's made out of nylon, ones that zip locked)

Click for larger version

insterted it on the holes of the bars of the frame to the hole of each L bars. Then I mounted my 43" tv.

I'm kinda paranoid still. especially that whenever I try to wiggle the frame a bit. I really see it wiggles instead of it being unmovable. is that a normal thing? I have the glass shelf on top for my cable box, router and receiver. thinking of putting an xbox there too.

what you think? will it be safe. was there any incident report of a tv dropped or the frame topple forward and hit the ground?

Share |
czy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 12, 3:15 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 190,573
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas
I've been blogged!

If the unit is standing on the floor then the screws are purely an anti topple device and provided the TV is within the limits specified by IKEA then you should have no problem.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
framsta , installation , mounting