No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 22nd, 12, 12:41 am   #1
Cholie
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 439
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Cincinnati:West Chester
EKORRE Hooks help!

I have three boys, 75lbs, 65lbs and 25lbs.

I bought them an EKORRE fabric swing- And the directions for the hooks are a little incomplete for my liking when it comes to my kids hanging from a ceiling.

Do you have to attach the hooks to a beam in the ceiling or do they just mount into the drywall? I would like to avoid ripping huge holes in the ceiling when the swing falls with one of my kids in it.

Thanks so much!

Share |

Cholie is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 22nd, 12, 9:50 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 211,362
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: EKORRE Hooks help!

Welcome to IKEAFANS, Cholie.

These hooks MUST be secured to the joists in your ceiling. If you don't, you will end up with holes in your ceiling, but honestly, they won't be all that big - the bigger problem will be the bumps and bruises your boys suffer when they fall.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 12, 12:41 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 124
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco
Exclamation Re: EKORRE Hooks help!

I spent hours trying to figure out where to mount my EKORRE hooks in my ceiling, and a lot of time googling locating joists... and When I drill a bit through ceiling, it does not feel like I am hitting anything beyond the dry wall. HELP, I'M FRAZZLED, surely there's a better tip on doing this rather than attic access!

Share |
bondina11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment