No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 29th, 12, 7:16 am   #1
Liam Flanagan
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 324
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Leeds
Help with installing LERBERG DVD/CD SHELVES

I'm currently trying to install some LERBERG DVD/CD shelves in my hallway and have come across a few problems. I was wondering if anyone could please help?

1) There's a metal bar directly in the way of where the screwdriver needs to be and this means you have to come at the screw from an angle, which isn't ideal. Is there a tool or technique to get round this problem?

2) I've managed to get through the initial plaster board but can't get the screws I've got to go any further. I don't currently have a drill so have been using a manual and electric screwdriver. Does anyone have any suggestions for what drill and type of screws I should be using, please?

I'm completely new to DIY so if you use DIY terms/jargon could you please explain what this means.

Thanks

Liam

Share |

Liam Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Apr 3rd, 12, 5:33 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 324
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Leeds
Re: Help with installing LERBERG DVD/CD SHELVES

If anyone needs any more info on this problem just let know.

Any help would be much appreciated, really stuck with this.

Share |
Liam Flanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 12, 11:44 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 160
My IKEA: USA-New Haven
Re: Help with installing LERBERG DVD/CD SHELVES

Hi Liam,

I don't know if this has been resolved for you, but, after some tense moments, we ended up using an double-ended "offset" screwdriver we happened to have around. It looks something like one of these:

There are also a variety of "Offset Ratchet Screwdrivers" online, like this one:

For your second question, you need to pre-drill into the studs with a corded drill (or cordless) with at least an 1/8" drill bit, and for screws you can get some No. 10, 2" pan head phillips screws (usually used for sheet metal).

I'm sorry I don't know what is available, or the terminology in the UK , or the conversion for inches vs. centimeters, but Google is great for that! (Or your local hardware store.)

I couldn't bear to think of you left stuck with this. Hope this helps!
C

Share |
Cynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 14, 9:12 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 128
My IKEA: USA-Colorado:Centennial
Smile Re: Help with installing LERBERG DVD/CD SHELVES

Thank you so much for posting this!! I bought these DVD racks over a year ago and have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to hang the darn things!!! I'm gonna go pick up one of those screwdrivers tomorrow so I can hang them and see if I need more when I go to the store on Wednesday!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Share |
mstever is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment