Old May 10th, 12, 6:50 am   #1
matprice
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 520
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Manchester:Warrington
Installation of NUTID HIN4T hob

Hi,

I am getting to the final stages of fitting my kitchen and have just had the worktops installed (Quartz) and now am trying to fit the Induction hob.

The hob (NUTID HIN4T) came with 4 metal clips that will grip the side of the cut out and secure the hob in place.

My concern is that theres no form of seal on the bottom of the glass where it makes contact with the worktop and the instructions don't suggest any sealant should be used.

Surely any spillage will creep under the hob if there isn't any form of sealant?

I have also read posts elsewhere that say silicone should not be used as the glass needs to expand when it gets heated. But it also seems that other hobs have a rubber seal supplied with the hob (which the ikea one does't have!)

Has anyone else had any experience fitting this type of hob who can help?

Many thanks

Share |

matprice is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old May 14th, 12, 7:28 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 8,361
Gallery: 18
My IKEA: USA-New Haven
Doorstyle: Stat, Nexus, Lidingo, Avsikt, Fagerland, Abstrakt
Re: Installation of NUTID HIN4T hob

Hi,

Any time we have installed a cooktop, it has come with a small foam strip. In the directions for yours, it is not mentioned. My recommendation is to contact the manufacturer, and ask if you could apply a small weather seal from a local hardware store. That would be all you really need.

Pat

Share |
Patinstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 12, 9:15 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 520
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Manchester:Warrington

Thanks Patinstall you are in fact 100% correct.

I actually found the instructions in the end which were hidden between two pieces of polystyrene. In with the instructions was a roll of foam tape!

The instructions supplied with my hob are completely different from the ones on Ikea's website!
The hob was recently reduced in price so maybe they also changed the product at the same time?

Thanks
Matt

Share |
matprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 12, 7:06 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 8,361
Gallery: 18
My IKEA: USA-New Haven
Doorstyle: Stat, Nexus, Lidingo, Avsikt, Fagerland, Abstrakt

Best on your project.