No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old May 11th, 12, 4:57 pm   #1
SSJeff
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 454
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Detroit:Canton
Attaching toe kick

How should we attach the toe kick to a corner base cabinet when we've used a ledger board instead of legs in the back? Thanks so much!

Share |

SSJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old May 12th, 12, 12:54 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 191,335
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas
I've been blogged!
Re: Attaching toe kick

Put a leg in the back corner of the cupboard.

Hope this helps.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 12, 3:14 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 225,562
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Attaching toe kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJeff View Post
How should we attach the toe kick to a corner base cabinet when we've used a ledger board instead of legs in the back? Thanks so much!
Welcome to IKEAFANS, Jeff.

This is just one of the many reasons why using the ledger board instead of legs is a bad choice.

One thing to be watchful of - the legs are designed to transfer and carry the weight of the cabinets and their load, including the countertops. If your ledger board is cut short of the side of the cabinet, it's not performing that function, so putting in the leg as BRB suggested is an excellent idea for that reason, too. On the other hand, if your board does run to the end of your cabinet, it's going to interfere with your installing the toe-kick, even after you install BRB's leg, and you're going to have a tough time cutting the board down to the correct, non-interering length.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment