LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Aug 15th, 10, 5:59 pm   #1
Manda87
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 293
Gallery: 0
Custom vanity top

We would like to buy the Godmorgon sink cabinet (47 1/4x18 1/2x 15 3/8) but want a single sink instead of a double sink. We like the Odensvik sink but it only comes in a double for that size. We are looking at installing a custom single sink in the Godmorgon sink cabinet with the above dimensions. Has anyone installed a custom sink in a Godmorgon sink cabinet?

Share |

Manda87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Aug 18th, 10, 9:49 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 152
Re: Custom vanity top

I am looking at doing the same thing, installing a custom countertop and sink on the godmorgan cabinet. I am planning on going to the store and talking w / an associate about it. My first thought is the countertop will need to have a thickness to it to accommodate the depth of whatever sink I choose. Or, the top will need to be deep enough to accommodate plumbing if I use a vessel like sink mounted on top. Once I find out more info, I'll pass along. You do the same! Thanks.

Share |
ARTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 10, 7:43 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 293

I was advised that it could be done, but it might be a little tricky. There are companies that will definitely be able to make a custom top, but the problem is the plumbing. The plumbing IKEA provides is not standard so you will have to make sure you can find the plumbing to accomodate the sink. Good luck.

Share |
Manda87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 11, 12:53 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 160

I'm kinda in the same boat but I jumped into the water. I have 2 godmorgon vanities (side by side to form one long one). Going to put a granite top with 2 drop-in sinks. Concerned about getting something in North American plumbing that will hook up the drains without preventing use the of the top drawer. Requested 2 of the drain attachments (the L shaped ones that go from sink drain towards back of vanity at almost 90 degree angle). Received the T drain hookup in the mail from Sweden instead.

Going to attempt to use parts from plumbing store here to make it work. If anybody has done this successfully would REALLY appreciate your input.

Share |
drich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 11, 10:11 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 980
Brown-Black

I went to the IKEA Portland , Oregon store 1/27/2011 planning to purchase the Godmorgon 47 1/4" sink base and wanted the Odensvik sink but had decided to settle for the Norrviken single sink since I had no counter space. My sister asked the Ikea "guy" if there was only one single sink available in that size. He told us that he was clearing a place to set up a display with new items that just came in; a Godmorgon 47 1/4" four drawer base in ALL Black-Brown and topped with the matching Odensvik single sink! It was even fifty dollars cheaper than the Norrviken single sink in the same size! Yeah!

Lesson learned- Always ask questions! Hope this helps someone in the planning stage. I've learned so much from this site. Thanks to all.

Share |
fader9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 11, 3:06 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 688
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Burbank

Hi All,

I know this is quite an old thread, but I'm also thinking to get the Godmorgon 2 drawer cabinet (47 inches) with a custom vanity top. I only want one sink, and I don't like the Ikea options. I was thinking to go with an integrated sink design from either Crane or American Standard. I understand clearance would be needed to accommodate for the sink basin depth. Has anyone does anything similar? What are the issues with plumbing?
Thanks!

-E

Share |
ecnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 11, 10:03 pm  
JPz
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 150
My IKEA: Canada-Vancouver:Coquitlam

Does anyone have any picutres of a custom vanity top on the godmorgen 140cm (or any size) vanity? I would like to do this but putting a third party undermount sink would cut into the drawer space and using a vessel sink might make the height of the entire thing ackward. For a decent 'floating cabinet' look I was advised to mount the vanity at least 9 inches off the floor. Is that correct?
Has anyone successfully mounted a vessel sink and countertop with the godmorgon cabinet? thanks

Share |
JPz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 11, 5:41 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 2,082
Gallery: 7
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Covina

I just built a frame and tiled the counter top. The frame was secured onto the wall.

Share |
smurfbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 12, 5:19 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 176
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbleu View Post
I just built a frame and tiled the counter top. The frame was secured onto the wall.

This looks great and very close to what I am looking to do. I know this is old post, but could you share how you handled the drain as it is not one of the odd ikea water traps? is it running between the drawers?

Share |
chadgol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 12, 1:29 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 2,082
Gallery: 7
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Covina

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgol View Post
This looks great and very close to what I am looking to do. I know this is old post, but could you share how you handled the drain as it is not one of the odd ikea water traps? is it running between the drawers?
Using standard drain parts since I'm also not using an IKEA sink. You should have enough clearance to run it between the drawer and the countertop. I had the trap near the wall outlet.

Click for larger version

Click for larger version

Share |

Last edited by smurfbleu; Apr 24th, 12 at 10:40 am..
smurfbleu is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment