No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Aug 16th, 08, 8:28 pm   #1
rrobredi
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Chicago:Schaumburg
malm skorva midbeam problem

Hi! I just got a full size malm bed together with the skorva midbeam. When I tried assembling the bed I saw in the instructions that the midbeam should be adjustable. The skorva midbeam I grabbed from Ikea isn't adjustable and looks like it's only half of what it should be. Now I'm having problems assembling my bed since the midbeam is not long enough. Did I get the wrong midbeam?

Share |

rrobredi is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Aug 16th, 08, 9:24 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 222,990
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: malm skorva midbeam problem

Welcome to IKEAFANS, rrobredi.

The mid-beam is adjustable. It's made of two "halves", one of which rides inside the other. If you hook the end of the "inside" half over one of the brackets on the end of the bed, you can pull out that half and extend the beam to the proper length.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 08, 1:16 am  
IKEA FAN

thanks for the response chuck. that's what i thought about the midbeam. apparently i only got one of the two "halves." it doesn't have anything that goes inside that i can pull out and adjust to the lenght of my bed. i think i'm gonna go back to ikea and have this one replaced.

Share |
Old Aug 17th, 08, 10:05 am  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 222,990
Gallery: 6
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!

There aren't 2 "hooks", one at either end, to go over the brackets on the head - and foot-boards? That's a new one for me.

Just when you think you've seen it all....

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 08, 11:21 am  
IKEA FAN

yup! just one hook. i didn't notice it till i assembled the whole bed.

Share |
Old Oct 27th, 10, 6:32 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 132

I purchased a queen size malm bed 2years ago. My problem is, I've assembled and disassembled my bed numerous times now and never had a problem putting it together unitl recently, the midbeam got stuck!

I tried going to the store to see if IKEA sells the midbeam's seperately but it seems that I have to purchase the whole bed just to get one. Is there any way around this?

Share |
BRUJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 10, 2:53 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 4,462
My IKEA: Canada-Montreal:Boucherville
Doorstyle: Askome

skorva midbeam is 90124534, or 901.245.34 if you spell it with the periods. Using this number, check for availability before going. Double check the number (as I'm not the expert, I'm just helping); you could email your store or use the phone. Also, double try to pull the two sliding parts apart in the one you have at home. Enough pressure will do it. Even with a hammer on a piece of wood to transfer the force.

hope this helps

Share |
DavidRo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
ikea , malm