No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Sep 1st, 08, 6:09 pm   #1
ABess
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
ODDA Daybed just for kids?

Hi! I'm new to Ikea fans. I joined so I could ask you all your opinions on the ODDA day bed.
When I was younger I had a daybed with a pull out trundle bed. When the trundle was out it was like have a king sized bed. The husband and I are moving to a small apartment and are looking for something to save space in our bedroom. We were thinking about this couch maybe IKEA | Sofas & armchairs | Sofa beds | BEDDINGE HÃ…VET | Sofa bed
But we wanted something that was going to be bigger so I thought maybe the ODDA bed with the pull out bed. IKEA | Beds | Twin bed frames | ODDA | Bed frame with head board IKEA | Beds | Twin bed frames | ODDA | Pull-out bed

I had a few questions before I drive an hour to the Ikea and look at it in person.
Do you think it just for kids? Online I've heard reviews mainly from people using it for their kids.
Will the pull out bed be the same height as the regular bed? Is it like a traditional trundle that lifts to become the same height?

Thanks for your help!

Share |

ABess is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Sep 1st, 08, 6:39 pm  
IKEAFans...we put the fun in functional!

iKarma: 29,680
Gallery: 148
My IKEA: USA-Phoenix:Tempe
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
Re: ODDA Daybed just for kids?

Hi and welcome!

The ODDA bed definitely has that particle-board, inexpensive construction, good for kids rooms look, and the trundle is really a giant mattress sized drawer. There is no box spring or mattress frame or anything like that, just the wood construction of the box and drawer.

We have the Lycksele full size sofabed in our daughters room which is much more bed-like. I like that it folds out into the room, which is different than the Beddinge which folds in half the long way. I don't like adult beds that are against a wall so unless you turn the Beddinge 90 degrees, you will most likely have one side of it up against a wall. So one of you will have to crawl over the other to get out of bed.

The Lycksele comes with several mattress options (that's the price differences) but we've got the cheapest with a 2 inch memory foam on top and it is quite comfortable. Guests were quite pleased with their night's sleep!

The only other issue you might have with the sofabed is that there are no arm rests, so when using it as a sofa it isn't all that comfortable to sit on since there's nowhere to put your arms. I have the same complaint about slipper chairs although they seem hugely popular.

HTH !

Share |

Life is too short to live with bad design.

Planning a new IKEA kitchen? Click here: Getting Started
DesignDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 08, 6:45 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Re: ODDA Daybed just for kids?

Thanks!
The more I think about it the less I want the ODDA.

We have couches now without arms. It's not that weird. I have the rectangular pillows from Ikea that mimic couch arms.

What we used to do last time we had a small bedroom and had to have the bed against the wall was to slide off the end. It wasn't do bad.

We will have to sacrifice a bit to fit in this smaller apartment. We just moved to Boston Ma, USA and the apartments here are tiny and expensive so...... we're trying to think of solution.

Share |
ABess is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
bed , daybed , odda , trundle , twin