LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Oct 2nd, 09, 10:22 pm   #1
cdubs
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 557
Gallery: 0
Question Slatted bed bases

I have queen sized bed, with headboard and footboard, but I just moved and my box spring won't fit up my stairs. It is not a platform bed, just a metal frame around with an anchor bar across the middle. So now I'm looking at a slatted bed base, and was wondering if there is a huge difference in comfort between the Sultan Laxeby and Sultan Liared. Also, do they come in pieces for the queen size, or will I run into the same problem with the stairs?
Carolyn

Share |

cdubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Oct 5th, 09, 11:14 pm  
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 85,031
Gallery: 49
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Doorstyle: Adel Birch (kitchen); Applad White (office); Liljestad??(wallbed)

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Mentor  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

Re: Slatted bed bases

Hiya -
I can't speak to the difference in comfort, but the queen + king size slats come in 2 pieces - a left and right side.

If you use the slatted bed base LAXEBY, it's got a "frame" around the perimeter, which might or might not fit in your current frame - you'll want to measure carefully. The sections of the 'frame' would need to be correctly supported by the edge and along the center.

The LIARED slats are connected together w /a sort of rubber strip along the edges. Again, you'd need to measure carefully to make sure they fit correctly in your current frame.

You might need to bolt a strip of metal or wood onto the frame if the IKEA slats are not wide enough.

Share |
RubrikGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 12, 8:21 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 210
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Manchester:Warrington

Can ANYONE help me please? I bought a Malm double bed quite a few years ago but now I come to move home the rubber strip of caps that hold the slats in place have perished and it looks as if Ikea no longer sell this type of bed base . . I think its called "Sultan Liared" . . does anyone know how I can get hold of a set of these? Other that this problem the bed is brilliant and I don't want to replace the whole bed frame for such a small problem. Jo

Share |
Jo Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 12, 3:02 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 13,097

Hey Jo,
You won't be able to get the rubber bits for the end of the liared I get asked it all the time.
However you can just replace the slats themselves as they are sold separately I would say either Sultan Luroy or sultan lodingen 70x200 (you'll need two for a double bed) are very similar to the liared.

If you head to the website an type in the names they should give you a bit more info.

Share |
ikeaworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 12, 5:13 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 210
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Manchester:Warrington

Hi thanks for your reply . . We are considering replacing the slats but although the end caps are brittle and broken in places it seems to be holding together after the move (for now) but thanks again for the reply - Jo

Share |
Jo Parker is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
bed base , laxeby , liared , slats , sultan