LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Dec 14th, 09, 8:43 pm   #1
moulin.rouge
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 418
Gallery: 0
Pax Closet Frame Installation & Sliding doors

I have a 3 93 inch tall closet frames which I plan on installing the Pax Stordal Sliding Doors. The problem is that the top part of one of the frames was installed on the third hole from the top. Will these cause a problem when installing the siliding doors? any suggestions to avoid taking it apart? All 3 frames are assembled and I dont have too much ceiling clearance and space.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1860.JPG (160.8 KB, 62 views)

Share |

Last edited by moulin.rouge; Dec 14th, 09 at 8:53 pm..
moulin.rouge is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Dec 14th, 09, 10:44 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 211,412
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Pax Closet Frame Installation & Sliding doors

Welcome to IKEAFANS, moulin.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're gonna have to do some remedial work on that middle closet. The rails for the sliding doors attach directly to the top and bottom shelves of each unit, and there's no way to get around that.

When you go to do this work, be careful when you remove the back - it will crack or break very easily as you try to remove the nails. The best way to do this is to take a flat piece of board - a scrap of 1x or 2x will do the trick - and use it as a damper between your hammer or mallet and the back. Don't try to do this with your hand or the undampered hammer.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 09, 11:03 pm  
IKEA FAN

Thanks Chuck,

I have another question if you dont mind. I just realized these frames are 93" tall and the doors are 92".
will this inch make a huge difference?

Share |
Old Dec 16th, 09, 9:20 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 

I've been blogged!

Not to quibble, but the doors are a little more than 90" high - the difference is because the height of the wardrobes includes a plinth that is about 2 1/2" high.

A question for you, Moulin - by any chance is that middle wardrobe merely sitting upside down? The "gap" at the top there is where the plinth would go, and I don't see the mounting clips that are in the 2 units on the outside. Just wondering.

Share |
Old Dec 16th, 09, 9:55 pm  
IKEA FAN

Hi Chuck,
Thanks for all your help and concern. I removed the clips, the plinth is at the bottom, dummy me I installed top and bottom on the third hole.

Share |
Old Dec 16th, 09, 10:51 pm  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

LBG Adoptions

I've been blogged!

I'm glad we could help, and that it turned out well for you.

Share |

Comment