LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 22nd, 11, 8:01 am   #1
lauranne26
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 250
Gallery: 0
Hemnes bed frame discontinued?

I am hoping some of the Ikea experts can help me out. We selected the Hemnes line of furniture for my son's big boy room. We went last weekend to buy everything, and found that the Hemnes full bed frame in black/brown was sold out!

When I came home, I investigated if any other Ikeas nearby had any in stock. There is not a single Ikea in the United States that has this bed in stock. I'm really worried that it's being discontinued. Ikea says it will be available around March 6....

What do you think? Is this the norm? It just seems odd to me that it's out of stock at every single Ikea! It took us forever to find a bed set for my son's big boy room, and we're working on a time frame because he's going to be a big brother in May. I'm eager to get his room done. I don't know if it's worth waiting till March (only to find that it's delayed more) or to find something else.

Share |

lauranne26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 1st, 11, 6:24 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 181
Question Re: Hemnes bed frame discontinued?

I have the same issue - January 1st they told me it would be in by late January, now it is unknown. Can anyone shed light on what is going on here? should i go find another bed or will there eventually be Hemnes Full beds in Black Brown?

Share |
mitchstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 11, 11:09 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 164
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco

I'm also trying to figure out if this bed has been discontinued in the Black/Brown. We are trying to buy an entire new bedroom suite at this point. I don't want to buy everything else and wait for the bed only for it to turn out to be discontinued.

Does anyone have any insights?

Thanks,
Sean

Share |
Schneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 11, 12:50 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 181
Re: Hemnes bed frame discontinued?

after 10 weeks of watching I saw the shipments start coming in, staring in the southern states and moving across the country. every store got a couple dozen black/brown and the stock lasted a couple weeks. Just a very popular bed - so keep checking the local stock on your website every few days.

Share |
mitchstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
iKarma Awarded to mitchstewart for this Post
Date Member Comment Amount
Apr 17th, 11 Schneyer Thanks for the reply. 5
Old May 14th, 11, 1:12 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 100
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa

I too am looking for this black/brown hemnes in the full size.
We have bought the rest of the bedroom set, and have been waiting.

If anyone has one that would want to sell it, let me know.

Share |
mlbnhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 11, 3:27 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 164
My IKEA: USA-Dallas:Frisco

I suggest you keep checking your store availability every few days. We kept checking and they finally showed up at our store here locally and we bought them a few weeks ago.

Good luck,
Sean

Share |
Schneyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 11, 1:51 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 160
My IKEA: USA-Portland

I just received news that the black/brown Hemnes bed frame line has been discontinued. It will however, remain up online until its discontinuation date, August 1st. Just like everyone else, I am very disappointed to hear this! I just put my brand new bedroom together and that bed frame was definitely the inspiration. I am happy to switch to the white one but am surprised to find that it's not made out of the same sturdy solid pine material and is instead made with MDS which is essentially a more sturdy version of particle board. Bleck! I only want to purchase everything if it's made of the same material and will be sturdy!
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was going to be a newer version of the black/brown coming out and if so, if it was going to be made of pine or another solid wood. I am happy to wait for the new line to come out if that's the case. I can see a slightly different model on Europe's site so am hoping that the new design will make its way over here! Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Share |
allisondnewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 11, 6:48 pm  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 11,973

Hemnes bed frame in black brown was discontinued but it has been brought back with a new article number here in the uk so i presume its the same in the us, basically you would buy the headboard and footboard and the bed sides seperately, but now with the new article you buy the bed frame complete so its just a new assembly model.

Share |
ikeaworker is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment