LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 21st, 11, 12:04 pm   #1
mike0929
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 455
Gallery: 0
Help with Brimnes Bed

I recently bought a brimnes bed with the drawers and the headboard, I love the look and the functionality in my very small studio, however, the bed rocks when getting in and out, I have put together a lot of ikea furniture and this is the first time that I am a little disappointed with the purchase.

I have already removed the mattress and looked at every possible junction and they are all very tight so any ideas for fixing this problem??

Thanks a lot!

Share |

mike0929 is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 22nd, 11, 1:15 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 188,833
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas
I've been blogged!
Re: Help with Brimnes Bed

Hi

You cannot really but the Brimnes beds together wonky.

Have you checked to see whether the problem is an uneven floor?

Also, have you established where it rocks? You may be able to correct it by moving the bed slightly, although I appreciate this is quite a task once you have the headboard unit fixed to the wall.

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 11, 12:25 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 347
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Vaughan

Does this mean that the Brimnes bed is not stable without the headboard? I just bought and assembled one (a double) yesterday. I didn't really like the headboard, so I didn't get it - and my frame definitely has some stability issues along the long axis; it rocks a little and creaks, and very definitely would not stand up to any repeated movement or strain.

I've checked the assembly, and it seems square and everything tight, but do I need to go back for the headboard?

Share |
CompassRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 11, 12:38 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

I've been blogged!

Hi

No, you don't need the headboard. The bed does not fix to it, it only rests against it.

I have assembled many of these beds and they are as solid as any other IKEA bed.

If they rock it is either because the floor is uneven or something has gone wrong during assembly (even if you are sure it has all been done correctly).

Go back through the instructions step by step to make sure you haven't missed anything and double check that everything is properly tight.

Share |
Old Aug 5th, 11, 1:46 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 97
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Paramus

We have had the same problem with the Aspelund bed. It rocks side to side and I believe we have assembled it properly.
Any ideas would be appreciated as to how to remedy this problem.

Share |
lerakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 11, 1:11 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

I've been blogged!

Hi

You would be better to search the forum on Aspelund and, if you cannot find your answer, start a new thread as people with Aspelund beds may well not see this as this thread is about Brimnes.

That said, any bed that has a post at each corner will usually sit nice and level regardless of how uneven the floor is. A bed that has a long panel headboard/footboard that sits on the floor will always rock on an uneven floor.

If you bed rocks then either it has been assembled incorrectly or your floor isn't level. If you can eliminate the first option then you just need to find where it rocks and either move the bed to a better position, pack it out where it rocks or level the floor.

Share |

Comment

Tags
brimnes