LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old May 24th, 10, 7:16 pm   #1
elmomax
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 535
Gallery: 0
WHite cabinet turning yellow

I have an ikea cabinet with doors in my kitchen. it is about four years old. I have noticed that the doors are turning yellow Top and sides are fine. What is happening? Can this be fixed? I tried fantastic with bleach and it is still yellow. Looks really dingy and ich.
thanks
E

Share |

elmomax is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old May 26th, 10, 5:37 pm  

iKarma: 156,240
Gallery: 21
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Doorstyle: stat white

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 9

I've been blogged!
Re: WHite cabinet turning yellow

What doors do you have? do you have your receipt? you can probably get a warranty replacement on these if you do....

Share |
NBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 10, 7:57 pm  
IKEA FAN

Thanks for responding. While it is reassuring to know that I could exchange the doors if i had a receipt, after four years I no longer have my receipt! I guess I need to trash the cabinet or live with it. Sounds like it was not supposed to turn yellow - but it did.

E

Share |
Old May 26th, 10, 8:17 pm  

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 

I've been blogged!

Sorry you don't have the receipt. With Ikea's long warranty, it pays to keep them! For the sake of others can you tell us which door style you have? Thanks!

Share |
Old May 26th, 10, 8:51 pm  
IKEA FAN

I will measure the doors and see if they are still sold to get the name/model of the doors. It is really a shame since it was really a very practical and nice looking in my kitchen and has served me well in extra storage space. I had hoped there was something I could do to get the color back to match the rest of the cabinet/frame.

thanks
e

Share |
Old May 26th, 10, 9:10 pm  

LBG Adoptions

I've been blogged!

If you post a picture, there's probably someone here who could ID the doors. Without the ID, it's much harder to suggest how to clean, too!

Share |
Old May 26th, 10, 9:11 pm  

iKarma: 40,050
Gallery: 34
My IKEA: USA-West Sacramento
Doorstyle: Adel Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

I've been blogged!

I'd contact your local IKEA store even if you don't have the receipt to ask them about your doors yellowing. When I bought my kitchen cabinets - the person working in kitchens told me that they keep records of kitchen cabinet purchases for warranty reasons ... on a subsequent visit (after my purchase) when I went back to purchase handles and drawer liner - I didn't have my info with me - and they looked up exactly how many doors and drawer fronts I had so I could purchase the correct number of handles (my design changed a few times at the last minute and I had brought an older plan with me...) So.. you never know - they might even be able to tell based on the specific door style how old the doors are (at the oldest) and know whether they are under warranty just based on the age of the door style itself. It's certainly worth investigating.

Doreen

Share |

IKEAFANS Needs Your Help - Right NOW
dafogle is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment