LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Nov 20th, 11, 10:32 am   #1
salinity
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 557
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Sewing Karlstad covers (to repair separating seam)

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with sewing seams on the material used in the Karlstad covers. I have a footstool and the cover is separating at the seams in a couple places.

I am quite inexperienced in the arts of sewing, etc, so if you have any tricks or advice, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Share |

salinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Dec 21st, 11, 6:20 am  
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 32,550
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

Re: Sewing Karlstad covers (to repair separating seam)

sorry to be seeing this so late. In the event that it's still helpful, I would suggest discussing the problem with an upholsterer. I assume you're talking about an upholstered piece vs. a slipcover, right? It's possible but unlikely it could be sewn by hand from the public side somehow. More likely the piece would need to be divested of it's upholstery cover, sewn, and reinstalled. If it's just a slipcover your problem is much simpler. Take off the cover and reinforce the problem areas (a tailor shop could probably do it).

Share |

Comment