Old Jun 2nd, 10, 8:59 pm   #1
Fraoch
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 11,666
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Burlington
Doorstyle: ADEL birch
How to hang RIBBA frames?

I must be missing something - the 9" X 9" RIBBA frames don't seem to be very easy to hang. They're item 100.794.13, and I'd provide a link, but the website is "closed for maintenance" right now.

Anyway there's a tiny "D" ring on the back top with serrations on the top. The problem is, it's inset about an inch from the back and is more or less flush with the back of the frame. So you might be able to hang it with a perfectly-positioned nail, not hammered in too deep and not too shallow, but because it's flush with the back of the frame it doesn't really form a hole the nail can project into.

Am I missing something? I thought maybe you could bend it back but that would bend it upside down (the serrated part would be on the bottom) and it would rip the frame matte. Also you'd have to bend it very, very far, it may not even bend that far.

There were no instructions.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Share |

Fraoch is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jun 7th, 10, 3:00 pm  
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 32,550
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

Re: How to hang RIBBA frames?

Hi Fraoch
I have many RIBBA frames and don't recall having this issue. I've always just hooked the edge of the frame on a nail vs. trying to use whatever is attached to the backing.

Sorry if this is dumb, but are you sure you've got it assembled correctly?
Just checking a few of mine, the 9x9 one that I have has a back that is only recessed about 1/8", and the larger metal one I just looked at has the deeper recess at the back like you're describing, but it came with a wire and clips to attach it to the edges of the frame for hanging.

Share |
Old Jun 7th, 10, 3:26 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 11,666
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Burlington
Doorstyle: ADEL birch

Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatgirl View Post
Hi Fraoch
I have many RIBBA frames and don't recall having this issue. I've always just hooked the edge of the frame on a nail vs. trying to use whatever is attached to the backing.
That's what we were going to do, but we went another way and used these:

Picture Hangers

(the picture hanging strips). We had to cut them in half as the frame edge was fairly narrow.

Quote:
Sorry if this is dumb, but are you sure you've got it assembled correctly?
It's possible - there were so instructions so it's just a guess.

Quote:
Just checking a few of mine, the 9x9 one that I have has a back that is only recessed about 1/8",
Definitely ours are recessed in at least an inch.

Quote:
and the larger metal one I just looked at has the deeper recess at the back like you're describing, but it came with a wire and clips to attach it to the edges of the frame for hanging.
We have those, they worked fine.

Share |
Fraoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 11, 10:35 am  
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 17,151
Gallery: 9
My IKEA: USA-New Jersey:Paramus
Doorstyle: Applad Black
I've been blogged!

I am having the same issue. I've purchased many Ribba frames in the past and never had this problem. The new hardware stinks! I've already been to HD two times and can't find hardware that will hang these frames. Does anyone else have a solution? I'm about to go back for trip three and see if I can find some D rings to attach to the frame. No picture hanging hook sticks out far enough to catch on the included little sawtooth ring. It's really stupid!

Share |
macbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 12, 3:48 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 98
My IKEA: Canada-Calgary

I found elegant, clear, illustrated instructions here:

How to Hang Ikea Ribba Frames in a Straight and Level Grid | * View Along the Way *

I hope this is helpful!

Share |
JMD Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 12, 4:52 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 603
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Thumbs up Re: How to hang RIBBA frames?

i am also having the same problem and was searching solution from 3,4 days....
thank u soo much for sharing this link... its really helpfull!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD Winnipeg View Post
I found elegant, clear, illustrated instructions here:

How to Hang Ikea Ribba Frames in a Straight and Level Grid | * View Along the Way *

I hope this is helpful!

Share |
alisha kench is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment