Old Jan 3rd, 12, 8:05 pm   #1
KimberLovesTMBG
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 569
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Advice on Dining Room Design

Hello!
I am trying to redo the house that I rent, and the budget is quite tiny.

This year the majority of my money will be spent on my teens' rooms and the living room.

But, the dining room needs help. It's an older home, with a formal dining room complete with a chair rail and an ornate and dated light fixture

I currently have an old table in it, and nothing else. The chairs are mostly broken and need to be thrown out.

I can repurpose the table by painting it white and putting it in my kitchen - there's a bay window there, and enough size for my normal sized round table and 4 chairs.

I am planning on going in the direction of mid century modern design, but for now, I am happy with basic, clean lined pieces that I can slowly replace with nicer things one at a time.

So this is my plan, and this is where I would love advice!

The largest Melltorp retangular table - it will be quite longer than my current table (and the room needs a bigger table) but I am worried about the fact that it's only 29 inches across. My current table is 35 inches. Will there be enough room for two people to eat across from each other? It's really ok if there's not enough room...there's only me and my 2 teens.

Since it's such a narrow table, I was going to go with the small 79 cent vases, three of them, with a single flower in each as the centerpiece. I like the ljuda placemat, but I am not sure if I should do 4 or 6. I also like the dinnerware in green....does anyone know if the fargrik set comes in green? I think I remember seeing that in the store.

I will go with Herman in black for the chairs, (4 to start) and I'll pick up another 4 in white for the kitchen, to go with my round table that I'll paint white.

I also would like to replace the light fixture, but not sure what to get.

I haven't figured out art or curtains yet, so any advice on that will be great! The dining room is open to the living room, so it needs to go with that room too. I thought about a big mirror to reflect both rooms.

Thanks!!

Kimber

Share |

KimberLovesTMBG is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Comment

Tags
dining room , fargrik , herman , ljuda , melltorp