No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jun 11th, 08, 10:51 pm   #1
parrishnut
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-New York:Hicksville
Doorstyle: Akurum askivit
Thumbs down HOW DO I CONTACT THE IKEA PRESIDENT FOR A COMPLAINT!!

Does anyone know where the US Headqurters of Ikea is or the sweedish headquarters and the Name and address so I can make a complaint. While trying to return an item, I was accused of stealing eventhough I had a receipt from a NY Ikea, but was in MN ( Twin Cities ) and they called Police!! I had asked to speak with the store manager, and he was a 17 year old kid!!! I am a senior v.p. on Wall street, and did not steal this 7 dollar shelf, they just had different receipts in NY and the employees were too stupid to know

Share |

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jun 11th, 08, 11:15 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 22,858
Gallery: 7
My IKEA: USA-Orlando
Doorstyle: Tidaholm

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!
Re: HOW DO I CONTACT THE IKEA PRESIDENT FOR A COMPLAINT!!

IKEA organisation - IKEA Group

Ikea Group runs the Minneapolis and NY stores.

A possibly-helpful news story:

Economist.com

Share |
Old Jun 12th, 08, 10:19 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: USA-New York:Hicksville
Doorstyle: Akurum askivit

So I found the answer to my own question!! And I am posting all the info I have so you can email the people who need to know about the ****ty service at IKEA. Feel free to emil them. Also note the web addr IKEASUCKS.COM
is taken but I think I'm going to register IKEASTINKS.COM and keep track to see what happens!!!

It appears you can email any of them with the
Firstname (period)Lastname@memo.ikea.com

Contact: How do I reach IKEA North America's corporate offices?
Ms. Pernille Lopez
President, IKEA North America
Ikea Corporate Office
420 Alan Wood Road
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Telephone: 610-834-0180

pernille.lopez@memo.ikea.com

IKEA has local press contacts around the world. If you need information about IKEA in the USA please contact the persons below. For information about other countries, go to the IKEA country sites.
USA Product PR
Janice Simonsen 1-610-834-0180-6349
USA Corporate Public Relations
Mona Astra Liss 1-610-834-0180-5852
USA Expansion
Joseph Roth +1-610-834-0180-6500

IKEA Group Corporate PR (Media queries only) +46 42 26 71 01
PRCO@memo.ikea.com PRCO@memo.ikea.com

Presskontakt IKEA Svenska Försäljnings AB
Ylva Magnusson +46 42-25 74 13, +46 733-53 12 97
Presskontakt, heminredningsfrågor IKEA Svenska Försäljnings AB
Tina Björeman +46 8-744 83 95, +46 733-47 11 70
Fotobeställningar, produkter
Jeanette Aurich +46 8-744 83 88
Internationell presskontakt
Charlotte Lindgren +46 42 26 71 00

The IKEA Group
The founder of IKEA, Ingvar Kamprad,

Supervisory Board are: Göran Grosskopf (Chairman), Mathias Kamprad, Lars-Johan Jarnheimer, Göran Lindahl, Carl Wilhelm Ros, Bruno Winborg and Magdalena Gerger. Ingvar Kamprad is Senior Advisor.

IKEA Group Management: Anders Dahlvig (Group President and CEO), Ian Duffy, Sören Hansen, Peter H ögsted, Lars Gejrot, Pernille Lopez, Torbjörn Lööf, Mikael Ohlsson, Josephine Rydberg-Dumont, Göran Stark and Werner Weber.

Share |
Old Jun 14th, 08, 10:53 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrishnut View Post
While trying to return an item, I was accused of stealing eventhough I had a receipt from a NY Ikea, but was in MN (Twin Cities) and they called Police!! I had asked to speak with the store manager, and he was a 17 year old kid!!! I am a senior v.p. on Wall street, and did not steal this 7 dollar shelf, they just had different receipts in NY and the employees were too stupid to know
Wow, that's quite the story...I've been to a lot of IKEA stores and have never encountered a 17 year old store manager...there are acting store managers covering each shift if the actual store manager isn't in, but to the best of my knowledge these are usually dept. managers.
It may be unrealistic for a coworker to recognize a NY receipt in MN...not something that they would come across very often (and why would they??).

If the store bungled your encounter so badly - my sympathies, but I think there may be more than your posting to this story.

Share |
Old Jun 16th, 08, 9:33 am  
IKEAFans Mentor

iKarma: 1,995
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities
Doorstyle: Adel Medium Brown

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Mentor  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

I've been blogged!

Knowing a few more details than you've shared, I personally think you're being a little ridiculous.

Unfortunately, there are people in this world who are out to lie/cheat/steal, and stores must take every precaution to protect their bottom line -- only by doing this can they offer the best possible prices to their customers.

I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience, but I hope you can appreciate where the store was coming from.

Share |
Old Jun 16th, 08, 1:02 pm  
IKEAFans Mentor

iKarma: 580
Gallery: 32
My IKEA: USA-Seattle:Renton

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

What surprises me more is that a "Senior VP on Wall Street" would have one bad experience and suddenly run HERE to post a rambling, poorly composed and typed complaint, and then decide to go even further and try to start some kind of web based grudge campaign by buying a web domain and presumably starting a complaint site? Interesting... I have honest never seen a troll on here before. Maybe I'm just too new, being a member here only two years, but it's my first troll! Break out the champagne!

Share |
Old Jun 18th, 08, 6:55 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 6,282
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 15

We all know that IKEA is not perfect - and there are numerous threads on the forums on this subject, but posting a widely inaccurate tirade is not in the spirit of IKEAFANS - I am closing this thread.

Share |

Closed Thread