No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 23rd, 09, 10:30 am   #1
Toxigal
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 19,754
Gallery: 9
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:College Park

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 4

Laundry Sink

Does Ikea currently have a good laundry tub/sink? my kitchen and laundry room are next to each other, with a doorway and wall separating them, but I still want them to look like they go together.

i am hoping to put a 15" pullout next to the washer to hold supplies, and originally didn't have a sink planned for the area, but last night i was cleaning the bunny litter box in the kitchen sink and thinking "this would be much less gross in a laundry sink. i want minimal width but deep. also in the area will be a tall pantry for extra kitchen storage and a wheeled kitchen cart that will be used for laundry folding in the laundry area but that can be wheeled into the kitchen when i need extra prep space out there. there are inexpensive laundry tubs available at the big box stores, but they are generally ugly and the cheapest are the ones without any cabinet.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Share |

Toxigal is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 23rd, 09, 12:42 pm  

iKarma: 156,240
Gallery: 21
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
Doorstyle: stat white

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 9

I've been blogged!
Re: Laundry Sink

There is this one, in ceramic: IKEA | Bathroom furniture | Washbasins & faucets | ASPSKÄR | Sink (looks deep). There used to be a stainless one...don't see it online but I'm not sure if it ever showed up there?

Share |
NBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 09, 12:44 pm  

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 

I've been blogged!

Oh, another thought: just saw a laundry room remodel where the owner installed a dog washing sink/station instead of a sink. Big and high with serious integrated backsplash. Do you have dogs as well as rabbits?

Share |
Old Feb 23rd, 09, 1:43 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeth View Post
Oh, another thought: just saw a laundry room remodel where the owner installed a dog washing sink/station instead of a sink. Big and high with serious integrated backsplash. Do you have dogs as well as rabbits?
i do have dogs as well as rabbits.

i love the idea, in theory. in reality, i never bathe them. they are also large and i would need more of a bathtub type station than a sink type station.

i loved the old stainless laundry sink ikea had. maybe someone rember's the name and i can find one on ebay?

Share |
Old Feb 23rd, 09, 2:05 pm  

LBG Adoptions

I've been blogged!

This is the story I read: HOME DESIGN / A laundry room to dry muddy sports gear and wash the dog. The dog tub she bought is here: Groomer's Best | Standard Bathing Tubs

I think it's a really cool idea for someone, even if not you!

Share |

Last edited by NBeth; Feb 23rd, 09 at 2:09 pm.. Reason: missing word
Old Feb 23rd, 09, 3:11 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

LBG Adoptions

that's really cool!

i saw one on tv once that had a dog shower/muddy boot washing station. it was beautifully tiled. i think i'm going to end up with the sink you posted in a nice birch cabinet.

Share |
Old Feb 23rd, 09, 3:29 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

LBG Adoptions

possibly silly question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBeth View Post
There is this one, in ceramic: IKEA | Bathroom furniture | Washbasins & faucets | ASPSKÄR | Sink (looks deep). There used to be a stainless one...don't see it online but I'm not sure if it ever showed up there?
is there a specific cabinet that is designed to be used with this sink?

Share |
Old Feb 23rd, 09, 7:14 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 17,440
Gallery: 60
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Covina
Doorstyle: Avsikt/Kalsebo

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 2

I've been blogged!

The Ikea wash basin was Numerar. Stainless steel, 24" wide, 24" deep, no countertop cutout necessary.

None of the bathroom sinks are really that deep to serve as a laundry tub.

Share |
Please note that all advice, information, and layouts provided by forum members on this site was done on a voluntary basis and out of kindness of their hearts. If you appreciate the help you received, please support this site and donate to keep it going.
Narf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 09, 7:54 pm  
IKEA FANS fan!

iKarma: 41,994
Gallery: 174
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities
Doorstyle: Nexus Yellow Brown

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 12

I've been blogged!

Here's a question for you all- what do you need a laundry tub to do??

Here's why I ask: in the very old houses I've lived in, there were monster laundry tubs made of something horrifying that has to be busted up with a sledge hammer when you replace them with something....smaller (and less yucky).

In the very newest houses I've been to, there are NO LAUNDRY sinks at all. None. Just a regular sink.

So I posit...if you're not doing laundry in it, not washing pets in it, will a regular sink do?

Share |
kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 09, 8:46 pm  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

LBG Adoptions

Things I like to do in my laundy tub...

i call it a utility sink..much more flexible.

1. wash out the bunny litter bins.
2. clean paint brushes.
3. ,fill dog water dish (because it will be kept in the laundry room
4. toss stained shirt to soak
5. put large pots to soak so they aren't taking up my kitchen sink

Share |

Comment