Old Mar 19th, 12, 8:16 pm   #1
dingusm
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 219
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Germany-Berlin:Tempelhof
Thoughts on IKEA Washing Machines?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with the IKEA washing machines? Specifically model RENLIG FWM5. I know their appliances are produced by Whirlpool, but I can't find any reviews (good or bad) about these online!

It seems like a good deal, and I don't need a lot of features on my washer, as long as it works well!

Thanks, looking forward to your responses.

Share |

dingusm is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 19th, 12, 8:22 pm  
Head IKEA Geek

iKarma: 189,363
Gallery: 1455
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Re: Thoughts on IKEA Washing Machines? (Dishwashers)

Hi there! We had the low end cheapest dishwasher for about a week. Just after we installed it, we found the top of the line panel-ready one for only $99 because it was dented on the corner (covered by the panel anyway). It was a pretty decent dishwasher (had it for about a year before we moved out of our home) and much quieter.

One thing to consider is bringing a sample of your dishes and bowls to the store to see how well they'll stack in the racks. The rack layout is my one place where I wish they'd done a little more widgeting. The racks are the same in all models, btw - or at least they were.

Anyway, overall we were pleased with the dishwasher, especially at the price we paid!

Susan

Share |
Old Mar 19th, 12, 8:28 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 219
My IKEA: Germany-Berlin:Tempelhof
Re: Thoughts on IKEA Washing Machines?

Thanks Susan, but I'm referring to the clothes washing machines, not dishwashers.

They might only be available in certain countries (I recently moved to Germany), hence the lack on info online..

Share |
dingusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 12, 8:31 pm  
Head IKEA Geek

iKarma: 189,363
Gallery: 1455
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Ah...sorry! RENLIG is the same name given to the dishwashing line here in the US - probably means clean in Swedish. We don't (yet?) have clothes washers or dryers here.

Susan

Share |
Old Jul 8th, 12, 4:11 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 102
My IKEA: Norway-Stavanger:Forus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingusm View Post
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with the IKEA washing machines? Specifically model RENLIG FWM5. I know their appliances are produced by Whirlpool, but I can't find any reviews (good or bad) about these online!

It seems like a good deal, and I don't need a lot of features on my washer, as long as it works well!

Thanks, looking forward to your responses.
Hi dingusm!

Just wondered if you went for the FWM5, and if so what you think of it. We're in the same situation, can't find any reviews or tests on this machine.

BR
Harald

Share |
ellynx is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment