LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 18th, 13, 1:05 pm   #1
TexasPrairieGal
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 550
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Round Rock
NEW Kitchen - Getting things square and SO excited!

This is my first post... and before I say anything else I want to thank EVERYONE here. I've been lurking and learning from y'all for months now... and I can't begin to tell you how much this forum has meant to us getting it right! (I'm also a little confused by all the forum sections, so if I'm putting this in the wrong place could someone move it for me please and thank you! )

Sooo.... we finally have our wall cabinets installed! It's been a real labor of love! Our walls are so NOT square and level that using the metal rails would have presented some major problems. Hubby elected to go with wood rails/ledgers instead. First he made a bottom ledger to rest the base of the cabinets on... and then ledgers further up for the screw holes at the top back of the cabinets (with ledgers shimmed in some places and thinned down in other spots... whatever was necessary to get them level and square). Anyways, the bottom ledger looks SO incredibly awesome now I just had to share. The ledger just makes the cabinets pop... and since this is Texas, what better "dowaller" to add than our Texas Lone Star! We've got a LONG ways to go yet... but I just had to share what we've accomplished so far (well... in all honesty, it's what HE has accomplished... lol )... I sure hope I can figure out how to attach a couple of photos!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ledger.jpg (37.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg ledger-medalion-1.jpg (56.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg upper-cabs-2-18-13.jpg (63.5 KB, 43 views)

Share |

TexasPrairieGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Feb 18th, 13, 1:18 pm  
Administrator

iKarma: 220,384
Gallery: 1457
My IKEA: USA-Washington DC:Woodbridge
Doorstyle: STAT

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN 
Total Awards: 3

Re: NEW Kitchen - Getting things square and SO excited!

Very nice! Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing! We love pictures.

Susan

Share |

Comment

Tags
adel , ledger , wall cabinets