Go Back   IKEA FANS > Welcome to IKEAFANS > Got Questions?
Register Blogs Forum/Blog Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Mar 14th, 08, 3:51 pm   #11
IKEAFANS Community Mentor

iKarma: 32,570
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: USA-Minneapolis:Twin Cities

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

Re: Aggravating Ikea Shelf Liners

yes, heat. I tried the hairdryer thing, too, but it's slower. With the hot water one can do an entire roll or two all at once. And as you said, it's kitcheney-er

Share |
Old Mar 14th, 08, 10:24 pm   #12
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 3,808
Gallery: 77
My IKEA: USA-New York:Brooklyn
Doorstyle: Stat White

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Mentor 
Total Awards: 6

Re: Aggravating Ikea Shelf Liners

The water idea is a good one Splat.

What worked for me was to actually roll them in the opposite direction for a bit and then I just laid them flad on a surface for a couple of days. Another trick that worked for me when they still wanted to curl was NOT to cut them the exact size of the shelf or drawer, but actually a tad bit smaller.

HTH

Share |