Go Back   IKEA FANS > Welcome to IKEAFANS > Got Questions?
Register Blogs Forum/Blog Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 24th, 06, 2:59 am   #1
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 190
Gallery: 0
I was wondering what sort of height you guys think a breakfast bar should be? I know you work in inches so that's fine as I can convert to metric. Would the same height as the worktop be fine? We haven't got our bar stools yet and were working on the worktop height but I don't want to find that we can't comfortably get our knees underneath, when it's perfectly feasible to raise it a little - it's separate to the rest of the units.

Share |
Old May 24th, 06, 6:11 am   #2
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 869
Gallery: 4
My IKEA: USA-Atlanta:Midtown
Doorstyle: Duvbo
I've been blogged!
We put our bar at 44 inches. That seems to work well for my wife and I. Also works great with the Ikea stools:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bar-2.jpg (36.3 KB, 202 views)

Share |
Old May 24th, 06, 4:22 pm   #3
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 6,304
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: Canada-Toronto:Etobicoke

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Builder ($5-$49 Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 15

The standard bar height is 42" (107cm) , standard countertop height is 36" (91cm) - the various IKEA stools are made accordingly.

Share |