Go Back   IKEA FANS > Welcome to IKEAFANS > Got Questions?
Register Blogs Forum/Blog Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Mar 14th, 07, 5:23 pm   #1
IKEA holic

iKarma: 310
Gallery: 0
IKEA! Making returns without a receipt

We bought over $200 worth of IKEA stuff several months ago and now I can't find my receipt I've searched far and wide, but with the remodel I lost a folder that contained many purchases. It is also over 45 days. What are my chances of having them give me store credit? I have never opened the packages or anything, so they're still in the IKEA bag. We're going IKEA shopping this weekend. We live 5 hours away so returns are not easy for us.

Share |
Old Mar 14th, 07, 5:25 pm   #2
AKA: DulcineaK
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 120,801
Gallery: 110
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: Rubrik Turq, Fagerland, Tida BB and more!

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 10

I've been blogged!
Mari, without a receipt they'll give you store credit for the items at the lowest price they've sold for. i've seen people really lose on bedding and such, but i've seen them get store credit.

Share |
Old Mar 14th, 07, 6:06 pm   #3
IKEA holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulcineaK View Post
Mari, without a receipt they'll give you store credit for the items at the lowest price they've sold for. i've seen people really lose on bedding and such, but i've seen them get store credit.

Yikes!! Some of these are Lansa pulls (the really long ones). Have those dropped in price since last year?

Share |
Old Mar 14th, 07, 7:15 pm   #4
IKEA holic

iKarma: 1,933
Gallery: 51
My IKEA: USA-New Haven
Doorstyle: Adel Medium Brown

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 3

I've been blogged!
You might want to check though. I tried to take back 5 of the Komplement drawers with no receipt and I got no dice. We won't take them back. We won't give you a store credit. I walked back out with my 5 Komplement drawers

Share |
Old Mar 14th, 07, 10:32 pm   #5
IKEA holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsearls View Post
You might want to check though. I tried to take back 5 of the Komplement drawers with no receipt and I got no dice. We won't take them back. We won't give you a store credit. I walked back out with my 5 Komplement drawers

I hope they don't do that to us. My sis told me her friend had bought a table and 4 chairs in Germany and had them for almost one year (in the box) and they took them back, no questions asked.

Share |
Old Mar 14th, 07, 10:41 pm   #6
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 

I had no problems returning kitchen items that I'd had for a year and a half. I just peeled the delivery label off and asked for store credit.

It might be up to the discretion of each store...

Share |
Old Mar 14th, 07, 11:32 pm   #7
IKEA addict

iKarma: 110
Gallery: 7
My IKEA: USA-Round Rock
Doorstyle: Lidingo Doors (Kitchen/Bath), Numerar Oak (Waterlox)

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 

We just encountered the same situation when we realized we had several extra pieces but no receipt. We were also *way* past the 45 day window.

The IKEAan told my hubby that she could look it up and verify purchase (I suppose based on our credit/debit card). We were issued store credit that we promptly spent on some more great IKEA stuff!

Share |
Old Mar 15th, 07, 12:46 pm   #8
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 50
Doorstyle: Adel Medium Brown
I am headed to Pittsburgh this weekend to return an extra cabinet box and four deep drawers that were purchased in Atlanta on Labor Day weekend last year. Wish me luck. I wonder if I should pretend to not have a receipt so they don't question the delay? We need store credit either way.

Share |
Old Mar 15th, 07, 12:48 pm   #9
IKEA FANatic

iKarma: 329
Gallery: 2
Doorstyle: Akurum

LBG Adoptions
IKEAFANS Backer ($50-$99 Donation) 
Total Awards: 1

Europe policies are very different

This is a long time ago - 10 years ago when I lived in Vienna and we put in an Ikea Kitchen Cabinet. We placed all our dishes into it and the shelf came tumbling down - and all the dishes (Boda Nova) smashed on the floor. It was a tragic moment. We called the store and not only did they replace the cabinet but they replaced the dishes. I have never seen a US store do anything close to that - Ikea or not Ikea.

Share |
Old Mar 15th, 07, 7:13 pm   #10
IKEA holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenplocher View Post
I am headed to Pittsburgh this weekend to return an extra cabinet box and four deep drawers that were purchased in Atlanta on Labor Day weekend last year. Wish me luck. I wonder if I should pretend to not have a receipt so they don't question the delay? We need store credit either way.

You just might be better off not showing that receipt! Wishing you lots of luck. Hey, let's both report back how we're treated, okay? Besides, I will spend it all right back there!

Share |