Go Back   IKEA FANS > Welcome to IKEAFANS > Got Questions?
Register Blogs Forum/Blog Search Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 21st, 07, 1:08 pm   #1
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0
looking for Poang Hardware info: Screw 105032

Hi All, I just bought two Poang chairs and when I got home and started assembling them found that one of the hardware packs had the wrong type of screw. I called Ikea and they said they would assess sending me another screw and get back to me but all I really want is to just find out what type of screw the 105032 is and go buy one at my local hardware store. I would go back to the store but it's 60 miles round trip and gas is expensive. Any info appreciated.

Share |
Old May 21st, 07, 3:11 pm   #2
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

Re: looking for Poang Hardware info: Screw 105032

Hi harhar48,

Welcome to the Forums!

Does it say in the instructions (you probably have them in front of you, but if not, you can find them in the IKEApedia - POANG Chair instructions) what the size is?

If not, then I'd offer to go to the IKEA near me (5 minutes from work) to ask if they have one I could get and send you.

Just let me know if you need me to go. It would be no problem. I always want an excuse to go.

Share |
Old May 21st, 07, 3:12 pm   #3
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 70
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-Los Angeles:Costa Mesa
Doorstyle: Nexus Birch

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Moderator  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation) 
Total Awards: 3

Oh. duh.

Another suggestion.

Can you take the one from the second chair that is correct to your local hardware store?

I realize that probably means taking the chair apart...

Share |
Old May 21st, 07, 3:21 pm   #4
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 50
Gallery: 0

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply and the offer to help. I checked my instructions and they didn't spec out the type of screw just the code 105032. I plan on taking the screw up to my hardware store as I haven't heard from Ikea yet on whether they will be issuing a replacement. I was just hoping that someone might know off-hand the hardware specs. If the hardware store is a bust and I don't hear back from Ikea, I will take you up on your offer. Thanks again.- Mike

Share |

Tags
ikea instructions