No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Nov 27th, 11, 11:07 am   #1
cevamal
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,519
Gallery: 2
My IKEA: USA-Baltimore
Question Expedit quandry

I have a space under a window where I want, essentially, a 4x3 expedit. 4 blocks wide, 3 blocks hide.

The primary problem is Ikea doesn't SELL a 4x3 Expedit.

The secondary problem is that even if they did, it would be ~1" too high. I have 43" to right under the windowsill.

I'm considering buying three 2x2s (on sale today!) and cutting them to fit. Sort of a hassle, but cheaper than buying lumber and making my own, plus I don't have to deal with finishing the wood.

Am I completely crazy? Any suggestions?

Here's a link to the 2x2: EXPEDIT Shelving unit - white - IKEA

The interior dimensions of the cubes are 13.25". The exterior pieces are each 2", the interior pieces are .625". In a perfect world where I just had a big box of Expedit parts to pick from I could make all the horizontal parts out of interior pieces which would be a perfect fit at 42.25 (3x13.25+4*.625)

Share |

cevamal is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 16th, 12, 2:36 pm  
dww
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 1,369
Gallery: 2
My IKEA: USA-Charlotte
Re: Expedit quandry

Stack two Trofast together?
TROFAST Frame - IKEA