LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Feb 8th, 12, 3:29 pm   #1
straz
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 660
Gallery: 0
Toronto Parts AVSIKT hinges

I have done some googling about the BLUM hinges that peeps are getting for their AVSIKT doors. Is there anyone in Toronto that has purchased these hinges and if so, could you please let me know where you have done so.
I had purchased some AVSIKT doors in the AS-IS section and did not think it would be a problem buying the hinges from the parts dept. Well, they don't get them often and they are not sold separately in the kitchen department

Share |

straz is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 13th, 12, 6:13 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 160
My IKEA: Switzerland-Lausanne:Aubonne
Re: Toronto Parts AVSIKT hinges

Hi, If you are willing to do a little work, you can buy them at Home Depot or Rona.

The hinges are the same degree of opening and same size 'cup hole' (the big hole that goes in the door).

The difference between IKEA hardware and regular Blum hardware is the position of the screw holes on the hinge or on the mounting plate (the part that goes in the cabinet). IKEA has proprietary hardware, mfg only for them by Blum.
But, if you are comfortable making new holes, it will certainly work fine.

On another post someone mentioned "Ferrari" hinges. You need to use Blum. The specifications for different mfg's of European hinges are different, off by a millimetre here or there. Making it difficult to make them work in holes they weren't made for. The cup hole may all be 35mm, but the drilling depth and the distance from the edge of the doors are different. It is a headache that you don't need. Ferrari, Mepla, Hettich, Salice..all different

And IKEA certainly does sell their hinges separately, they just don't advertise it, and they are a lot more money than other Blum hinges because they come in a cute bag with an instruction sheet and screws.
When I bought my kitchen cabinets from IKEA, on the order form there was a part number for the bag of hinges to be ordered because every part is inventoried separately.
Download the Kitchen planner and put a door and cabinet on the 'shopping list' and see what pops out. At least 5 years ago it did.
Hinges break. There is no reason why IKEA shouldn't be able to supply you with 'replacements', that you purchase.
Good Luck!

Share |
my2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 12, 8:20 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 660
Re: Toronto Parts AVSIKT hinges

Thank you for the response. I actually did find the BLUM hinges that fit without modification from DAYAN in Toronto.

Share |
straz is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment