Old Mar 14th, 12, 8:46 am   #1
philjeary
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 472
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Thurrock:Lakeside
Anyone near Birmingham (UK) ikea?

Hi all,

I had planned on furnishing my office with a range of the Besta units.

I am mid way through decorating the room in preparation, including stripping the wood chip wallpaper and scraping off the artex, so it's taken me a while.

However, since I planned the room in January, one of the Besta units has gone out of production!

The only stock left is in Birmingham. I phoned the store and they won't send it to Kent where I live.

I wondered if there might be any kind souls local to the store who would buy the unit, put it on ebay on buy it now and send me the link. A long shot I know, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

I'm after article 201.340.46, Besta shelf unit in white (BESTÅ Shelf unit - white - IKEA).

Ideally I need 3, but 2 are between units, so I could get the 40cm deep equivalent and cut it down if getting 3 sent down was too much. But I would prefer the visible one that isn't in between other units to be the "proper" item.

Obviously I would pay a bit extra for someone going to the store to get it/them and being at home for a courier to pick them up.

If anyone thinks they might be able to help me out, please drop me a message

Share |

philjeary is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 15th, 12, 12:25 am  
IKEA FANS Ambassador

iKarma: 192,726
Gallery: 14
My IKEA: Cyprus-Verginas
I've been blogged!
Re: Anyone near Birmingham (UK) ikea?

Hi

If you don't fancy a run up the M6 you could try local delivery firms and see if you can find one that will do COD for you.

Where I live now we can just send a taxi to do the job (obviously wouldn't work in the UK unless you had really deep pockets).

Share |
bigredbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 12, 4:14 am  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 472
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Thurrock:Lakeside
Re: Anyone near Birmingham (UK) ikea?

Thanks for the suggestion - i'll check a few of the companies out and see if any of them offer such a service.

If they don't - they should, as it's a great idea for an extension to a couriers services!

Share |
philjeary is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment