LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Mar 23rd, 12, 12:06 pm   #1
betsynickel
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 288
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Philadelphia:Conshohocken
Question Cut down Kitchen Cabinets for Office use?

After planning our small home office around available IKEA office cabs, we found out they were discontinued!
New Idea: I wonder if I can cut IKEA kitchen cabinets to a 16 in depth, which is office depth and would fit in this small room, and mount wall kitchen cabs on top for a really nice custom look. Question: Will I still be able to attach them together with the special hardware? I would have to use just doors, since I'm sure this wouldn't work with drawers. I would appreciate any guidance/experience here!

Share |

betsynickel is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Mar 24th, 12, 8:45 pm  
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 7,769
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-Boston:Stoughton
Doorstyle: Ståt white
Re: Cut down Kitchen Cabinets for Office use?

This article covers the details of trimming the cabinets to a different depth, some of the information doesn't apply to you.
http://www.ikeafans.com/articles/mak...nch-depth.html

Quote:
Will I still be able to attach them together with the special hardware?
The "special hardware" is just a nut and bolt that goes through the 3rd hole from the top and bottom of on the front row of holes. See page 18 for how these are used.
http://www.ikea.com/assembly_instruc..._ZM303_PUB.PDF

Quote:
I would have to use just doors, since I'm sure this wouldn't work with drawers.
You could use the drawers that are in the 12" deep cabinets, granted you won't be using the full depth, but better than nothing: eg RATIONELL Deep fully-extending drawer+damper - 15x12 " - IKEA

Share |
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
office cabinets