LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Nov 23rd, 12, 3:20 pm   #1
mlavia
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 220
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:East Palo Alto
BestA Shelf Unit used for home entertainment components unit (needs strengthening)

I'm using the BestA shelf unit to hold my components (receiver, u-verse unit, Apple TV, and my HTPC at the bottom). Because of the depth of some of these components, I had to remove the backing completely because I would need to create too many holes in the backing to make it work. Plus, I'd like the components to get as much air as possible.

I wasn't aware how much support the backing provided for the shelf unit. Now, with all the weight of the components in the upper half of the shelf unit, it is unstable, leaning slightly to the right, and the doors no longer open and close smoothly. I tried some L brackets at the bottom and top, but it's not seeming to work.

Would like to reach out to you all to see what suggestions you might have to make this work. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-15 20.05.31.jpg (2.29 MB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-15 20.05.42.jpg (2.61 MB, 7 views)

Share |

mlavia is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Comment

Tags
besta , entertainment center