Arjuna
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 700
Gallery: 1
My IKEA: China-Shanghai
expedit tv stand hack help

Click for larger version
expedit tv stand hack help 

Moved into a great little lane house apartment in Shanghai, the old tenement blocks that occupy much of the beautiful old former French concession. Inspired by the hackers blog have set to remodelling stuff. I got a 1x5 expedit, mounted it on besta legs and left out one of the vertical supports to create space for the TV components, modem etc.

The question: I wish to put a shelf in the wider section, have a single drawer for the bottom half, while the TV components sit on the upper half. Is there a straight forward way to achieve this using pre-fab components and shelving from Ikea, or will I have to go the totally customised route?

Any suggestions?

Hoping this will also go a long way to hiding the mess of cables back there too. Actually, if I wanted to get super complicated, the shelf and drawer would not have to be the full depth of the unit, leaving a small recess behind that the cabling could rest in.... either way.

Thanks in Advance!!

Share |

Arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Comment