LinkBack Thread Tools
No Gallery image is associated with this thread

Old Jan 7th, 13, 9:19 am   #1
Taggsy
IKEA FAN

iKarma: 464
Gallery: 0
My IKEA: United Kingdom-Manchester:Warrington
Question Reducing Tromso bed in width....

Hello there,

We have an awkward space to fit a loft bed into our youngest son's room. Part of it is only 96cm wide but the bed is 97cm in width (as stated on the Ikea site).
Does anyone know if it'd be feasible to reduce it by a centimetre or is there a way of putting it together so it'd squeeze into the space?

Many thanks for reading!

Teresa

Share |

Taggsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Register to remove these ads today!

Old Jan 12th, 13, 12:19 am  
Moderator; IKEA Chuck
GOLD Directory Member

iKarma: 211,462
Gallery: 3
My IKEA: USA-San Francisco:Emeryville
Doorstyle: The late, great Kvadrat Beech

LBG Adoptions
Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  Appreciation of an IKEAFAN  IKEAFANS Benefactor ($100+ Donation)  IKEAFANS Moderator 
Total Awards: 13

I've been blogged!
Re: Reducing Tromso bed in width....

I don't think you can do this. The entire frame of the bed is metal tubing, with threaded inserts welded into the ends of the tubes to accept threaded screw-like fittings used to assemble the bed. The tube ends are rounded so as to connect fairly tightly to the tubes as the various components are tightened. Even if there was enough room at the ends of the tubes to allow them to be shortened (and I don't think there is), you'd run into an issue with being able to tighten the pieces enough to make the bed steady and sturdy.

Share |
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Comment

Tags
tromso loft bed